Forum Europa
Hel Looks - Printable Version

+- Forum Europa (http://forumeuropa.net)
+-- Forum: Europa National (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Suomi (/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Hel Looks (/showthread.php?tid=468)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Hel Looks - Xmia - 2012 May 19 16:47

a 'Street Fashion' blog from Helsinki, bringing you the culture of the coolest of the cool of the euros, finn fashionist(as) Tongue

http://www.hel-looks.com/

I like the brightly-coloured knitware that is on quite frequent display:
[Image: 20120302_01.jpg]

traditional scandinavian stuff? (is it saami derived?) - anyway, you don't see those here...

this would make a good disguise too ;)
[Image: 20120210_01.jpg]

menz who make their way onto these kind of things are usually erm, 'interesting' too:
[Image: 20120510_02.jpg]
Aleksi, 28

“My style is between Finnish gypsy looks and the classic taxi driver style.

Comic minimalism is stylish.”

Will any FE members oneday make it into the blog? (I can see Eld with his waistcoat and pipe and cap making it Big Grin)

In browsing there were a couple of africans but several asians. Is there a large-ish asian/chinese/viet/whereverthey'reallthesame community in Helsinki? what kind of numbers?

RE: Hel Looks - Heretik - 2012 May 19 16:52

Where do they get their clothes? Big Grin

RE: Hel Looks - Unurautare - 2012 May 19 20:27

........ kill them. none

RE: Hel Looks - Aramis - 2012 May 19 20:42

The second one looks interesting. The coat, scarves, skirt, boots... that's what my grandmother used to wear in winter.

With the ongoing financial cirsis and a new world war knocking on the door, I'd say the 30's are comming back. Great!

[Image: 30s-style-men-2.jpg]

RE: Hel Looks - Peasant - 2012 May 20 11:19

Quote:“My style is between Finnish gypsy looks and the classic taxi driver style.

Comic minimalism is stylish.”[/i]

No mate, you look like an 80s pedophile.

RE: Hel Looks - Sinimusta - 2012 May 20 11:57

Hilarous site Big Grin Hipsters and weirdoes. There´s also few sites which are making parody of HelLooks and I think one of the best ones is made by a company which sells all kinds of military clothing and stuff etc.

http://www.leka-looks.fi/fi/look/show/_3GU0PZN2J

RE: Hel Looks - Xmia - 2012 May 20 17:01

(2012 May 19 20:27)Unurautare Wrote:  ........ kill them. none

... no, kill u.

(2012 May 20 11:57)Sinimusta Wrote:  Hilarous site Big Grin Hipsters and weirdoes.

TBH I don't think *most* of the people look *that* weird, at most 'quirky'. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

For really weird weirdos you should look (as always) to Japan Tongue

Quote: There´s also few sites which are making parody of HelLooks and I think one of the best ones is made by a company which sells all kinds of military clothing and stuff etc.

http://www.leka-looks.fi/fi/look/show/_3GU0PZN2J

Big Grin that's hilarious
I especially like the first two;

Jürgen, moon nazi (Big GrinBig Grin)

"Few people know that wool and leather work just as well on moon as down on earth. However, the rubber soles of the boots provide much more traction in moon's surface than the old models with metal hobnails.

Jawohl, katkase"

[Image: 19478.jpg]

Anssi, zombie-survivor
"Preparedness is the alpha and omega. That is why I am prepared for almost everything, even the Zombie!-Invasion. Firearms make an awful noise, and they smell bad. Yuck! That is why I prefer knives.

[Image: 19331.jpg]

certainly a manly looking man Tongue PERKELE

RE: Hel Looks - Susi - 2012 May 20 18:02

I kind of like Hel-Looks though I find it focuses on only a certain portion of the population...

I'm more interested in candid street-photography to see what people in a certain city are wearing.

Susu-fashion-hipster Big Grin

RE: Hel Looks - Kat - 2012 May 20 18:23

(2012 May 20 17:01)Xmia Wrote:  [Image: 19331.jpg]

certainly a manly looking man Tongue PERKELE

That's a good example of how a man should dress Smile

RE: Hel Looks - Dussander - 2012 May 20 18:32

(2012 May 20 18:23)Kristel Wrote:  That's a good example of how a man should dress Smile
I'd dress like that if I intended to go war. thumbs up

Or perhaps if I went camping. At any rate, nice outfit. Coolness factor: 9/10