Forum Europa
Putin's dangerous plan to ”Make Russia Great Again” - Printable Version

+- Forum Europa (http://forumeuropa.net)
+-- Forum: Europa National (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Россия (/forumdisplay.php?fid=64)
+--- Thread: Putin's dangerous plan to ”Make Russia Great Again” (/showthread.php?tid=6056)

Putin's dangerous plan to ”Make Russia Great Again” - Flavius - 2016 Jun 03 21:26

When Vladimir Putin was propelled to the political forefront in 1999, a set of economic reforms was developed and its implementation began. It was understood at the time that Russia had to attract investment and technology to rebuild itself from the ground up.

The original plan of reformist policies was never completed. It soon became clear that Putin chose to cure the country’s woes by putting security first. He placed an anti-terrorist operation in the Caucasus (essentially a war in Chechnya) at the center of his agenda.

While economic reform and political transformation did not quite work, picking fights and securing victories worked really well. In the end, it was a favorable oil price, not a reformed economy, that proved crucial in funding Putin’s way of making Russia great again: from Chechnya to Ossetia and Abkhazia, from Abkhazia to Crimea, from Crimea to Donbas, from Donbas to Syria and from Syria to God knows where else.

http://www.newsweek.com/putin-dangerous-plan-make-russia-great-again-465550

RE: Putin's dangerous plan to ”Make Russia Great Again” - Temnozor - 2016 Jun 03 22:46

[Image: wktytc4i.png]

Six threads about Russia in five days. Seriously, has some Russian kid been stealing your lunch money in middle school?

RE: Putin's dangerous plan to ”Make Russia Great Again” - Flavius - 2016 Jun 03 23:05

(2016 Jun 03 22:46)Temnozor Wrote:  Six threads about Russia in five days. Seriously, has some Russian kid been stealing your lunch money in middle school?

No, Russia is so great and important that has to be talked about a bit. Correct, am I not? ;)

Anyway, I create threads on subjects that are of interest to me.

RE: Putin's dangerous plan to ”Make Russia Great Again” - Temnozor - 2016 Jun 03 23:12

(2016 Jun 03 23:05)Flavius Wrote:  Anyway, I create threads on subjects that are of interest to me.

You could turn down the frequency by a notch, though. Right now you are just spamming the front page with it. Either this or I'll make a special Russia thread just for you where you can keep the rest of us updated about the wrongdoings of your favorite bogeyman.