Slovenia Gay Adoption Law Rejected In Referendum
Dussander

Hrvatska

RE: Slovenia Gay Adoption Law Rejected In Referendum
(2012 Sep 23 17:29)Treffie Wrote:  
(2012 Sep 22 22:07)Heretik Wrote:  So not accepting homosexuality is "crude mentality"?

It's usually an indicator of an less advanced society.

I'm sure that western Europe is quaking in their boots at little Slovenia's decision Smile

I'd say there's a big difference between accepting homosexuality as something inevitable and accepting whatever whim that strikes this population's fancy.

We must dissent.

[Image: 10494820_10152495444871387_2677074454375​72888_n.jpg]
2012 Sep 23 18:42
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 3 users Like Dussander's post:
Loddfafner (24-09-2012), Osweo (23-09-2012), Violet (10-01-2013)
Eldritch
Your friends like this.

Suomi

(2012 Sep 23 16:33)Heretik Wrote:  
(2012 Sep 23 15:20)Eldritch Wrote:  Adoption is not a gay couples' right. But it is neither a straight couples' right. It's the right of a child with no family.

This would be valid if children could actually pick their foster parents.
The question here is not if children have the right to a family as the answer is obvious, but the question is WHAT kind of a family.

My point is that the starting point should be the welfare of the child, not the desires of people who want to grant or deny adoption to whatever groups.

I like to look at the human self-model as a neurocomputational weapon, a certain data structure that the brain can activate from time to time.

Thomas Metzinger
2012 Sep 23 19:05
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 2 users Like Eldritch's post:
Loddfafner (24-09-2012), Tintagell (24-09-2012)
Heretik
Away
Rotationseuropäer
Supervision

Hrvatska

(2012 Sep 23 19:05)Eldritch Wrote:  
(2012 Sep 23 16:33)Heretik Wrote:  
(2012 Sep 23 15:20)Eldritch Wrote:  Adoption is not a gay couples' right. But it is neither a straight couples' right. It's the right of a child with no family.

This would be valid if children could actually pick their foster parents.
The question here is not if children have the right to a family as the answer is obvious, but the question is WHAT kind of a family.

My point is that the starting point should be the welfare of the child, not the desires of people who want to grant or deny adoption to whatever groups.

Absolutely and for the benefit of that same child, until further studies show that gay parents actually do not interfere in any way with child's development, that child should be put in a decent and loving heterosexual family.
2012 Sep 23 19:10
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 2 users Like Heretik's post:
Dussander (23-09-2012), Zephyr (24-09-2012)
Osweo

England

Fuck 'studies'. I'm sick of seeing this word waved about to justify X Y and Z outlandish bollocks. I go from my interpretation of my cultural inheritance as an Englishman and European when it comes to such issues. I also try to keep my (our) collective feet on the ground by reference to my understanding of wider natural laws on the vitality and durability of a culture or ethnos, as these are the conditions in which ethnic peculiarity has to function. Using my ethno-political conscience, so to speak. And this sort of thing just generally rubs me up right the wrong way. A society has to fight for its social norms, otherwise it doesn't HAVE any, and has as good as disintegrated into atoms.

When many in my society don't agree with my interpretation of all this, it's up to me and people like me to either acquiesce or fight my corner and not allow myself to be intimidated into silence if I really do reason out to myself that the social change implied is harmful or too far in spirit from the ethos of my people. As such, I'll state my piece on a discussion forum, and bugger any 'sources' to back up my gut feeling and reasoned opinion.

(The word 'sources' in such discussions is almost as annoying as 'studies'. Reminds me of nothing but irritating Albanians whining about Serbs on imploding fora...)

I don't like that mockery of Slovenia as a 'small backward country', either. That leaves a very nasty taste in my mouth. sad

"And now if a whole nation fell into that? In such a case, I answer, infallibly they will return out of it. For life is no cunningly-devised deception or self deception, it is a great truth that thou art alive, that thou hast desires, necessities: neither can these subsist and satisfy themselves on delusions, but on fact. To fact, depend on it, we shall come back: to such fact, blessed or cursed, as we have wisdom for."
Thomas Carlyle
2012 Sep 23 22:59
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 6 users Like Osweo's post:
Dussander (24-09-2012), Heretik (23-09-2012), Kalevanpoika (28-09-2012), Violet (24-09-2012), W. R. (27-11-2016), Zephyr (24-09-2012)