Sweden's insane anti-discrimination laws have created a generation of lost women
W. R.
cannibalish chauvinist

Беларусь

RE: Sweden's insane anti-discrimination laws have created a generation of lost women
(2012 Dec 03 14:57)Torkilsdottir Wrote:  When I go to Future Shop and look in the computer section, the guys there always assume because I am a woman that I know nothing about computers, and they'll try to sell me a piece of crap saying it's "state of the art".

Do bad people exist in Canada too? sad

[...] just as it is not left unto us to choose our ancestors, so we may not choose our nation; we can only fulfil, or not fulfil, the obligations that come from being a member of our people’.
© Dr. Jan Stankievič ‘From the History of Belarus’

[Image: now.jpg]
2012 Dec 03 15:48
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Torkilsdottir

Euskal Herria

RE: Sweden's insane anti-discrimination laws have created a generation of lost women
(2012 Dec 03 15:25)Peasant Wrote:  People in computer shops etc do that to me to though. Maybe I just look thick.Big Grin

Do they try to sell you a computer for more than it's worth?

Women are always getting ripped off, from anything from computers, to deodorant, to car work, to haircuts.

http://www.marieclaire.com/world-reports...n-pay-more

2012 Dec 03 15:49
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Mustapaita
Tulkoon sota ja veriset vaatteet

Suomi

Perhaps women are prepared to put more money into their looks, their clothes and their hair?

I mean they wouldn't buy those overpriced things otherwise, right?

As for the computers, cars, etc, I can't say anything about that but I feel everyone gets ripped off in regards to car work.

"Devil, I am devil." ― Pekka Siitoin
2012 Dec 03 15:57
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 3 users Like Mustapaita's post:
Guiri (03-12-2012), Osweo (03-12-2012), Temnozor (03-12-2012)
Torkilsdottir

Euskal Herria

We might as well point out the negative effects on men as well. Interesting article today:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/03/opinion/po...?hpt=hp_c1

2012 Dec 03 16:07
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Mustapaita
Tulkoon sota ja veriset vaatteet

Suomi

(2012 Dec 03 16:07)Torkilsdottir Wrote:  We might as well point out the negative effects on men as well. Interesting article today:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/03/opinion/po...?hpt=hp_c1

Negative effects of what?

"Devil, I am devil." ― Pekka Siitoin
2012 Dec 03 16:11
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Torkilsdottir

Euskal Herria

(2012 Dec 03 16:11)Mustapaita Wrote:  Negative effects of what?

Overly rigid gender roles/stereotypes.

I'm not talking going to Sweden levels, and I admit I have bias myself. While I don't see a problem with the girl playing with the gun (water guns are great on a hot day), the boy with the doll made me cringe a bit (even though men do that to real babies when they become fathers).

2012 Dec 03 16:20
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Osweo

England

Whining on the net about gender roles is SOOO unladylike... Big Grin

Seems to me that you girls here are taking everything FAR too personally. Shops etc. are full of arseholes. So what? Shrug it off? That's what men do. Getting all hot and bothered about it just lends fire to the real male sexists who refer to caricatures of women as led by pure emotion...

And don't you think it'd be bizarre to speak to the woman in a couple in a kind of pointed way in a customer situation? Last time I looked, we don't live in an Amazon society, so this is summat you'll have to get used to. Or would you PREFER to have a wimpy emasculated man hanging on your arm!? I have the opposite situation a lot: I am accompanied by a woman in a country where my command of the language isn't perfect. Naturally, waiters and so on speak to me, and I have to graciously refer them to the Mrs. when the sentences are too complicated. A man is supposed to take a woman out.

Sorry, but this is life in what's left of traditional European society. Don't like it? Join the legions attempting to destroy it! Ah, but remember, once it IS destroyed, you'll have to learn to like your burqas and sewn up labia. ;)

"And now if a whole nation fell into that? In such a case, I answer, infallibly they will return out of it. For life is no cunningly-devised deception or self deception, it is a great truth that thou art alive, that thou hast desires, necessities: neither can these subsist and satisfy themselves on delusions, but on fact. To fact, depend on it, we shall come back: to such fact, blessed or cursed, as we have wisdom for."
Thomas Carlyle
2012 Dec 03 17:11
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 3 users Like Osweo's post:
Dussander (03-12-2012), Guiri (03-12-2012), Temnozor (03-12-2012)
Guiri

España

(2012 Dec 03 14:32)Abreodan Wrote:  
(2012 Dec 01 19:06)Raskolnikov Wrote:  The idea that Toys R Us or whatever would be selling homosexual-theme dolls to little boys is a ship long sailed.

Do you really consider He-Man to be homosexual?

(the rest below isn't directed at you.)Smile

I am strangely fascinated by men's reactions to He-Man, who are at odds with He-Man's overt masculinity. I find nothing homosexual about He-Man or the characters that came along with the He-Man franchise, in fact I place He-Man in the same category as I do every other 70s/80s culturally inflated, plastic gitchmo kids nonsense: Good old imaginative childish crap.

Fisto is not some veiled reference to fisting, but a corny descriptive name for a character whose fist can dissolve mountains into dust. (I'm still waiting to hear an explanation of why Jitsu, Fisto's enemy, isn't equally deemed homosexual.)

Man-at-Arms is a man who trains the elite guard of Eternias palace...but wait! HE has a moustache!!!1111 HE is gay!!?!1

My dad had a moustache, as did every other person in the 70s and 80s. To think homosexuality was so well appreciated back then. Facepalm

Leech was ... wait for it! A leech! But he is homosexual because he sounds similar to the act of fellatio. (snigger)

Ram-Man. Ah! So obviously about the homosexual act of hitting your head against the drawbridge of Castle Greyskull....uh? wait no he was the medieval wartime act of hitting your penis against a rectum....God I'm confused.

The list goes on. My favourite being Extendar. He was homosexual because homosexuals can all secretly extend their arms and legs and heads! LOL

I got a few of these names from a quick search of Google. It is amazing how many sleazy minded "men" are so quick to think of homosexual acts when faced by their childhood heroes. Considering He-Man was a Jewish creation, I suppose we're lucky the original dark haired, Semitic looking He-Man was declined by Mattel for a more European looking character. The original story books had He-Man as a Conan type being selected and instructed by the dark temptress Sorceress to protect the knowledge and sanctity of Castle Greyskull from the minions of Skeletor. There was no '80s gitchmo poppy' themes for He-Man, he was a natural warrior with pure warrior instincts. Even the early Prince Adam was the continuation of his alter ego, until the cartoon came out and had to tone down its violent, unchristian portrayal of masculinity. The company thought the similarity to Conan would turn off the parents. If only parents knew that He-Man was actually gay and living in rainbow land. Rolleyes

And to add to the theme of 'men who played with girls dolls as kids', I used to play with my sisters She-Ra dolls and castle, and my Action Man used to kill Ken and marry Barbie. Smile

This is what happens when sexual perversions become so present in mainstream discourse and consciousness... people, en masse, start seeing sexual deviancies everywhere and in everything. Very disturbing.

Mustapaita Wrote:Perhaps women are prepared to put more money into their looks, their clothes and their hair?

Exactly right! Pricings are adujusted to suit the market (consumer demand). Goods and services are only worth what people are willing to pay. This is the reality across the board from hairdressing to trade labour to clothing to real estate. Sexual discrimination is not the issue here.
2012 Dec 03 17:20
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 2 users Like Guiri's post:
Osweo (03-12-2012), Temnozor (03-12-2012)
Torkilsdottir

Euskal Herria

(2012 Dec 03 17:11)Osweo Wrote:  Whining on the net about gender roles is SOOO unladylike... Big Grin

Seems to me that you girls here are taking everything FAR too personally. Shops etc. are full of arseholes. So what? Shrug it off? That's what men do. Getting all hot and bothered about it just lends fire to the real male sexists who refer to caricatures of women as led by pure emotion...

And don't you think it'd be bizarre to speak to the woman in a couple in a kind of pointed way in a customer situation? Last time I looked, we don't live in an Amazon society, so this is summat you'll have to get used to. Or would you PREFER to have a wimpy emasculated man hanging on your arm!? I have the opposite situation a lot: I am accompanied by a woman in a country where my command of the language isn't perfect. Naturally, waiters and so on speak to me, and I have to graciously refer them to the Mrs. when the sentences are too complicated. A man is supposed to take a woman out.

Sorry, but this is life in what's left of traditional European society. Don't like it? Join the legions attempting to destroy it! Ah, but remember, once it IS destroyed, you'll have to learn to like your burqas and sewn up labia. ;)

Shrug off discrimination?

Then by that logic I guess Europeans should shrug off non-Europeans moving to Europe and not respecting the culture.

I used to not really care about women's issues until a few recent bad experiences.

2012 Dec 03 18:15
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 2 users Like Torkilsdottir's post:
Aramis (03-12-2012), Peasant (03-12-2012)
Osweo

England

(2012 Dec 03 18:15)Torkilsdottir Wrote:  Shrug off discrimination?

Did you just use the magical yawn word?

Nowadays, all normal people have decent enough attitudes on the gender non-issue. Anything remaining is just something to live with, as it is NOT that bad. Internet bollocks that you may be referring to does not count, as it seldom involves normal people.

"And now if a whole nation fell into that? In such a case, I answer, infallibly they will return out of it. For life is no cunningly-devised deception or self deception, it is a great truth that thou art alive, that thou hast desires, necessities: neither can these subsist and satisfy themselves on delusions, but on fact. To fact, depend on it, we shall come back: to such fact, blessed or cursed, as we have wisdom for."
Thomas Carlyle
2012 Dec 03 18:45
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 4 users Like Osweo's post:
Aramis (03-12-2012), Dussander (03-12-2012), Guiri (03-12-2012), Temnozor (03-12-2012)