[survey] A strong National sentiment in Brittany despite the French influence...
Morsüre

France

[survey] A strong National sentiment in Brittany despite the French influence...
Rennes- The magazine "Bretons" published in its February issue a survey on various aspects, including political and cultural Breton identity.

This initiative was all the more necessary because there had been no survey in this regard since 13 years (the subject is so much sensitive!)

The results of this survey gives 18% of Bretons in favor of independence, even with figures exceeding 30% among younger, clearly shows the persistence of a strong national sentiment in Brittany. This despite 500 years of French presence and incessant propaganda of the French state apparatus...

Source

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me..."

Paul Atreides, son of Duke Leto the Just (Cycle of Dune)
2013 Feb 02 00:46
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 5 users Like Morsüre's post:
Arnau (03-02-2013), Erwann (03-02-2013), Mustapaita (02-02-2013), Osweo (02-02-2013), Violet (03-02-2013)
Erwann
Make Armorica Great Again
Supervision

Breizh

RE: [survey] A strong National sentiment in Brittany despite the French influence...
Actually the distributor, Ouest-France (Masonic/Jacobins), decided to remove all the magazines from the stores because the cover was about the survey on independentists ("18% of Bretons in favor of independence"). They changed the cover to "69% of Bretons don't know their history", obviously less impressive. Such is life in the country of Liberté.

About the survey, I am a bit disappointed that they didn't talk about the origine of people who participated, it influences a lot.
Jacques Parizeau said that Québec lost independence in 1995 because of the votes of English speaker minority and allophones.

The good thing is that young generation tends to support Breton at school (61% for the youngest), and feels more Breton than French (53%). It's another story for the old generation who felt ashamed to be Breton during last century.
I also notice that many people who voted for Marine Le Pen support Breton independence, administrative reunification, Breton schools, etc. It's the same in Corsica. Most of people don't care about her Republican speech, it's mostly about immigration. A good right nationalist potential is untapped.
(This post was last modified: 2013 Feb 05 09:26 by Erwann.)
2013 Feb 03 18:26
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 5 users Like Erwann's post:
Dussander (03-02-2013), Morsüre (03-02-2013), Mustapaita (03-02-2013), Osweo (03-02-2013), Violet (03-02-2013)
Arnau
Imperfect but Catalan

Catalunya

RE: [survey] A strong National sentiment in Brittany despite the French influence...
Nice to see some recent info about pro-independence figures other than those of Catalonia and Scotland.
2013 Feb 03 22:56
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 2 users Like Arnau's post:
Erwann (04-02-2013), Morsüre (04-02-2013)