Would prohibition of mixed marriages preserve Lithuanians?
Cinnamon
Destroyer of the One Ring.

Deutschland

RE: Would prohibition of mixed marriages preserve Lithuanians?
(2013 Feb 08 17:28)Peasant Wrote:  A DNA sample, to an extent, yes.

We Europeans have mixed very often. After the Thirty Years' War Germany was depopulated. People from all of Europe came and filled up the gap. We Germans have DNA from every part of Europe in us. The same can be said about every European people, I think.
2013 Feb 08 17:32
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 1 user Likes Cinnamon's post:
Kernunnos (08-02-2013)
Peasant
Banned

England

Small amounts of admixture, especially from neighbouring peoples, are naturally going to happen. But in the modern world the masses of European ethnic groups moving from state to state will have a massive effect.
2013 Feb 08 17:34
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 1 user Likes Peasant's post:
Osweo (09-02-2013)
Cinnamon

Deutschland

(2013 Feb 08 17:34)Peasant Wrote:  Small amounts of admixture, especially from neighbouring peoples, are naturally going to happen. But in the modern world the masses of European ethnic groups moving from state to state will have a massive effect.

Mass migration between the European states wouldn't be good, yes. But marriages between Europeans shouldn't be prohibited. Between Europeans and Africans, yes. But between two Europeans.....? No.
2013 Feb 08 17:38
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Peasant
Banned

England

I don't see the problem from an ethnic nationalist perspective.
2013 Feb 08 17:46
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Cinnamon

Deutschland

(2013 Feb 08 17:46)Peasant Wrote:  I don't see the problem from an ethnic nationalist perspective.

We have different PoVs. I'm a National Liberal and as a National Liberal I would have a problem with it. Another problem is, that German women becomes more and more bitches. Many men are looking in another European countries for a partner.
2013 Feb 08 17:50
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Mustapaita
Tulkoon sota ja veriset vaatteet

Suomi

(2013 Feb 08 17:50)Cinnamon Wrote:  
(2013 Feb 08 17:46)Peasant Wrote:  I don't see the problem from an ethnic nationalist perspective.

We have different PoVs. I'm a National Liberal and as a National Liberal I would have a problem with it. Another problem is, that German women becomes more and more bitches. Many men are looking in another European countries for a partner.

And German guys are a bunch of pussies.

Btw, I do see a problem in diluting national identities.

"Devil, I am devil." ― Pekka Siitoin
2013 Feb 08 18:04
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Cinnamon

Deutschland

(2013 Feb 08 18:04)Mustapaita Wrote:  
(2013 Feb 08 17:50)Cinnamon Wrote:  

And German guys are a bunch of pussies.

Btw, I do see a problem in diluting national identities.

Yes, many German men have lost the feeling how a man should be.
2013 Feb 08 18:06
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Peasant
Banned

England

Misogyny and liberalism... now, what was it that lead us to the current situation again? coffee
2013 Feb 08 18:11
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 1 user Likes Peasant's post:
Raskolnikov (09-02-2013)
Kernunnos
Regular

Padania

(2013 Feb 08 17:27)Cinnamon Wrote:  
(2013 Feb 08 17:20)Peasant Wrote:  Culturally maybe, but not ethnically.

Marriage laws will not do much to preserve 'purity of the race'. Immigration laws will do more.

Can you see in a blood sample and say me where the person comes from in Europe? An ethnic group is more definied by its culture, its language, its Religion etc.

You are right when you say, we should ban non-European immigration as far as possible. But that inner-racial war isn't necessary.

This is a thing I agree upon up to a certain extent. After all my padanese ethnicity grew up of a mix of celtic, etruscan and a small minority of langobardian peoples.

Let's say that a great influx of an european ethnicity over another would still give birth to a totally european ethnicity, yes, but well diferent from the original one.

It is not said that the new ethnicity sprouting up out of a massive mix of two or more european peoples would necessarily be a bad one.

But I'm afraid that the process of mixing wouldn't be so peaceful.

i'm afraid one culture would try to make itself dominant in such process.

A lesser problem lies in sporadical cases of mixed marriages between two european ethnicities. In case of war between such ethnicities the offspring of such couples would be torn between loyalty to a cause or another.

But this cases are likely not to repeat easily in the future: even if Europe turned all nationalist again we wouldn't be as astupid as to repeat the great errors of two bloody and self destroying world wars.
2013 Feb 08 19:57
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 4 users Like Kernunnos's post:
Aptrgangr (08-02-2013), Cinnamon (08-02-2013), Osweo (09-02-2013), Temnozor (08-02-2013)