Animated Musical history of Belarus
Temnozor
Kornilov did nothing wrong
Supervision

Россия

RE: Animated Musical history of Belarus
^Damn, I missed that. Sometimes I regret not following local politics here. I'm deporting myself to Russia next month, so that was probably my last chance to interact with svidomites. Last year, I didn't go to the dzen voli demonstrations because OMON was fucking with people even if they were uninvolved and I wasn't looking for trouble. Too bad.

Good move from Luka, though. If he starts "re-coopting" Belarusian culture from the opposition, he basically takes away what they are rallying around and what gives them the most credibility so far. It's stupid that he created this fault line in the first place.

[...]

By the way, now that I think of it. Imagine if the complete opposite was the case and Luka was pushing aggressive Belarusisation from the very beginning. Would Russianness be the counterculture? If so, is this a problem a pro-Belarusian government will have to deal with?

"Whoever says that he "belongs to his time" is only saying that he agrees with the largest number of fools at that moment." - Nicolás Gómez Dávila

[Image: ecc9v9ru.jpg]
2018 Mar 25 20:01
Like PostLIKE REPLY
W. R.
cannibalish chauvinist

Беларусь

(2018 Mar 25 20:01)Temnozor Wrote:  Damn, I missed that. Sometimes I regret not following local politics here. I'm deporting myself to Russia next month, so that was probably my last chance to interact with svidomites.

Here is what you missed. Nothing special.

(2018 Mar 25 20:01)Temnozor Wrote:  the dzen voli

It is a new term. It was known as the day of the declaration of independence, but zmahars decided to re-brand it for modern political ends and turn it into “the Day of Freedumbs”. Nasty fuckers. I hate when they do such things.

(2018 Mar 25 20:01)Temnozor Wrote:  Imagine if the complete opposite was the case and Luka was pushing aggressive Belarusisation from the very beginning. Would Russianness be the counterculture?

It is difficult to imagine. How would he build the special beneficial relations with Russia? How would he justify not trying to integrate (to at least some degree) with the EU? And thus not trying to be more like the EU with democracy and tolerance and stuff? By going neo-fascist of some sort? That would be cool.

(2018 Mar 25 20:01)Temnozor Wrote:  If so, is this a problem a pro-Belarusian government will have to deal with?

Such policies as Belarusization can be done without causing butt-hurt and thus without causing counter-reaction. It just takes long.

[...] just as it is not left unto us to choose our ancestors, so we may not choose our nation; we can only fulfil, or not fulfil, the obligations that come from being a member of our people’.
© Dr. Jan Stankievič ‘From the History of Belarus’

[Image: now.jpg]
2018 Mar 25 22:02
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Temnozor
Kornilov did nothing wrong
Supervision

Россия

(2018 Mar 25 22:02)W. R. Wrote:  Here is what you missed. Nothing special.

Looks cozy, would attend. 7/10.

Quote:It is a new term. It was known as the day of the declaration of independence, but zmahars decided to re-brand it for modern political ends and turn it into “the Day of Freedumbs”. Nasty fuckers. I hate when they do such things.

Yeah, and the last one was kinda gay tbh. People went out to march with EU flags and "Belarus is Europe" slogans, so it just looked like any generic colour revolution attempt. I kinda feel bad for you being caught between just this and Luka, comrade.

Quote:It is difficult to imagine. How would he build the special beneficial relations with Russia? How would he justify not trying to integrate (to at least some degree) with the EU? And thus not trying to be more like the EU with democracy and tolerance and stuff? By going neo-fascist of some sort? That would be cool.

I think what I was getting at is that if you change the cultural policy of any given regime in Belarus, the new cultural identity will be associated with the regime itself. If the new, pro-Belarusian regime is corrupt or fails to improve anything, contrarian people might develop an animosity to Belarusian culture, just for being associated with the new regime.

The problem I see is that Belarusian culture can't be treated just neutrally, because it is a political identificator. At least right now. The ideal situation would be if all political camps in Belarus recognised Belarusianness as the common ethno-cultural identity, so it would not even be a point of contention. But how to get there without making it a point of contention?

Quote:Such policies as Belarusization can be done without causing butt-hurt and thus without causing counter-reaction. It just takes long.

I can see how this would be possible. But there is another level of complexity in terms of whether civic or ethnic nationalism should be prioritised. The opposition rallies around ethnic nationalism, but the strong pro-EU currents suggest that they don't really care about a real national state. The more pro-Russian people here sometimes tend to push a version of civic nationalism, where they pretend to care about Belarusian sovereignty, but not about Belarusian culture. Realistically, you would need a Belarusian national state to have a successful process of Belarusisation. Otherwise, the entire process will be either buried under Russification or Globalism.

"Whoever says that he "belongs to his time" is only saying that he agrees with the largest number of fools at that moment." - Nicolás Gómez Dávila

[Image: ecc9v9ru.jpg]
2018 Mar 26 17:49
Like PostLIKE REPLY
W. R.
cannibalish chauvinist

Беларусь

(2018 Mar 25 17:07)W. R. Wrote:  100 years ago on 25.III.1918 the Belarusian People’s Republic declared its independence.

Big Grin Dramatization of the events:

[...] just as it is not left unto us to choose our ancestors, so we may not choose our nation; we can only fulfil, or not fulfil, the obligations that come from being a member of our people’.
© Dr. Jan Stankievič ‘From the History of Belarus’

[Image: now.jpg]
2018 Mar 31 11:45
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 1 user Likes W. R.'s post:
Temnozor (31-03-2018)