The Inconvenient Truth About Women and Combat (Part 1)
Aptrgangr
Nulla crux, nulla corona
Supervision

Deutschland

by Jack Murphy · February 8, 2013 · Posted In: Op-Ed

The new debate about women in combat positions is an argument that few seem to be able to think clearly about. This post will contain some harsh language. Consider it a part of the selection process if you are a woman. If you can’t handle it then you might want to look at another career field because we say a lot worse about each other.

Read more: http://sofrep.com/16753/truth-about-wome...z2UdT8rYSS

"The secret to happiness is freedom... And the secret to freedom is courage."
Thucydides

“My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right.” Carl Schurz

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms."
Aristotle

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must." Thucydides
2013 May 29 01:08
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 3 users Like Aptrgangr's post:
Dussander (29-05-2013), Lohengrin (29-05-2013), Zephyr (30-05-2013)
Heimdallr

Norge

The Problems Of Women In Combat – From A Female Combat Vet
Quote:It’s not all about qualification. I’m speaking as a female Marine Iraq war vet who did serve in the combat zone doing entry checkpoint duty in Fallujah, and we worked with the grunts daily for that time. All the branches still have different standards for females and males. Why? Because most women wouldn’t even qualify to be in the military if they didn’t have separate standards. Men and women are different, but those pushing women into combat don’t want to admit that truth. They huff and puff about how women can do whatever men can do, but it just ain’t so. We’re built differently, and it doesn’t matter that one particular woman could best one particular man. The best woman is still no match for the best man, and most of the men she’d be fireman-carrying off the battlefield will be at least 100 lbs heavier than her with their gear on.

Women are often great shooters but can’t run in 50-80 lbs of gear as long, hard, or fast as men. Military training is hard enough on men’s bodies; it’s harder on women’s. And until women stop menstruating, there will always be an uphill battle for staying level and strong at all times. No one wants to talk about the fact that in the days before a woman’s cycle, she loses half her strength, to say nothing of the emotional ups and downs that affect judgment. And how would you like fighting through PMS symptoms while clearing a town or going through a firefight? Then there are the logistics of making all the accommodations for women in the field, from stopping the convoy to pee or because her cycle started to stripping down to get hosed off after having to go into combat with full MOP gear when there’s a biological threat... more

Quote: All the branches still have different standards for females and males. Why? Because most women wouldn’t even qualify to be in the military if they didn’t have separate standards.

Exactly.

Quote: No one wants to talk about the fact that in the days before a woman’s cycle, she loses half her strength, to say nothing of the emotional ups and downs that affect judgment. And how would you like fighting through PMS symptoms while clearing a town or going through a firefight? Then there are the logistics of making all the accommodations for women in the field, from stopping the convoy to pee or because her cycle started to stripping down to get hosed off after having to go into combat with full MOP gear when there’s a biological threat....

It's just a fact of life that women don't handle stress as well as men either; when they stress-out, they cry... That's not necesaarily a BAD thing, they just don't need to be assigned intense combat duties like 'clearing operations' and the like.

[Image: Fallujah_Iraq_Dec_8_2004_1.jpg]
US Army 'clearing operation', Fallujah Iraq, December 8, 2004
2013 May 29 02:09
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 2 users Like Heimdallr's post:
Lohengrin (29-05-2013), Zephyr (30-05-2013)
Heimdallr

Norge

There's A Big Unknown About Putting The Female Body In Combat
Quote: Capt. Katie Petronio served as a combat engineer officer on deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan, and in her last deployment with a Female Engagement Team (FET) attached to the infantry, she gained insight into what it may be like. In the Marine Corps Gazette, she writes:
  • "...some of these [female] Marines may feel qualified for the chance of taking on the role of 0302 [Infantry Officer]. In the end, my main concern is not whether women are capable of conducting combat operations, as we have already proven that we can hold our own in some very difficult combat situations; instead, my main concern is a question of longevity. Can women endure the physical and physiological rigors of sustained combat operations, and are we willing to accept the attrition and medical issues that go along with integration?"
The once-star college athlete, at the peak of physical condition before deploying, then goes on to write about her issues after return:
  • "Five years later, I am physically not the woman I once was and my views have greatly changed on the possibility of women having successful long careers while serving in the infantry. I can say from firsthand experience in Iraq and Afghanistan, and not just emotion, that we haven’t even begun to analyze and comprehend the gender-specific medical issues and overall physical toll continuous combat operations will have on females."
And she brings up an interesting point that has hardly been discussed. What will the long-term effects be on the female body? I served in the Marine infantry for eight years, but after losing count of the number of 10 and 15 mile road marches I've done with an 80 pound pack, I developed serious back pain that affects me to this day.

The Army and Marine infantry is a much different beast from the rest of the military. It is arguably the most grueling and difficult combat duty troops can face (outside of special operations)… more

[Image: female-army-cadet.jpg]
U.S. Army Cadet Sarah McIntosh
2013 May 29 02:13
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 3 users Like Heimdallr's post:
Dussander (29-05-2013), Lohengrin (29-05-2013), Zephyr (30-05-2013)
Temnozor
Kornilov did nothing wrong
Supervision

Россия

RE: The Inconvenient Truth About Women and Combat (Part 1)
"Inconvenient" for cultural marxists and equality preachers? For them even the most simple truths about humanity are inconvenient.

"Whoever says that he "belongs to his time" is only saying that he agrees with the largest number of fools at that moment." - Nicolás Gómez Dávila

[Image: ecc9v9ru.jpg]
2013 May 29 12:09
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 2 users Like Temnozor's post:
Dussander (29-05-2013), Zephyr (30-05-2013)
Zephyr
Away
Bots, bots everywhere.
Supervision

Portugal

RE: The Inconvenient Truth About Women and Combat (Part 1)
Where is Susi's rant? Big Grin

[Image: m8Qubx3.jpg]

Jeff Hanneman 1964-2013
João Ribas 1965-2014
Lemmy Kilmister 1945-2015
2013 May 30 00:05
Like PostLIKE REPLY