Ambassador to BBC: Lithuanians think of themselves as a Nordic nation
Mustapaita
Tulkoon sota ja veriset vaatteet

Suomi

Ambassador to BBC: Lithuanians think of themselves as a Nordic nation
Quote:16.04.2013, 15:00

Lithuanians think of themselves as more of a Nordic nation than Eastern European, Lithuania's Ambassador in London Asta Skaisgirytė Liauškienė said in an interview to BBC.

She was asked about the negative image about immigrants from Eastern Europe formed by British tabloids.

"Lithuanians themselves do not think that they are people from Eastern Europe. That's perhaps the paradox. Of course, it depends on how you look upon the geopolitics. We belong to this northern part of Europe and share the values that the Nordic people have, ie hard work, endurance, common sense," the ambassador said.

http://balticbusinessnews.com/article/20...dic-nation

Vikingar frá baltija.

"Devil, I am devil." ― Pekka Siitoin
2013 Sep 15 22:02
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 2 users Like Mustapaita's post:
Osweo (16-09-2013), Temnozor (16-09-2013)
Osweo

England

RE: Ambassador to BBC: Lithuanians think of themselves as a Nordic nation
[Image: jogailaiciu.jpg]

SKOL! Big Grin

"And now if a whole nation fell into that? In such a case, I answer, infallibly they will return out of it. For life is no cunningly-devised deception or self deception, it is a great truth that thou art alive, that thou hast desires, necessities: neither can these subsist and satisfy themselves on delusions, but on fact. To fact, depend on it, we shall come back: to such fact, blessed or cursed, as we have wisdom for."
Thomas Carlyle
2013 Sep 16 00:20
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 2 users Like Osweo's post:
Dussander (16-09-2013), Temnozor (16-09-2013)
Temnozor
Kornilov did nothing wrong
Supervision

Россия

LIES! LITHUANIA NORDIC!

"Whoever says that he "belongs to his time" is only saying that he agrees with the largest number of fools at that moment." - Nicolás Gómez Dávila

[Image: ecc9v9ru.jpg]
2013 Sep 16 11:18
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 2 users Like Temnozor's post:
Dussander (16-09-2013), Osweo (08-10-2013)
Karl
My face when I read your post:

Eesti

and I am used to read about prominent Lithuanians writing in the Lithuanian media something like this: "Estonia is more successful than us because they are Nordic, have a Nordic work ethnic, a honest culture, while we have problems with corruption etc."

I have posted a few articles about this in some forums. Lithuanians politicians and such use the "Estonians are Nordic" argument quite often when trying to explain how a small nation, overrun by Russian immigrants surpassed Lithuania after restoring independence from the USSR. Both of the Baltic nations were in a better position in 1991 than Estonia.

Lithuanians should stop stealing cars from Estonia (over 90% of car thefts are done by organized Lithuanian groups, according to official statistics), if they'd want to leave a more "Northern" opinion about themselves. Tongue
2013 Oct 08 01:00
Like PostLIKE REPLY