Temnozor uči hrvatski
Osweo

England

RE: Temnozor uči hrvatski
Ne znam, maybe there's tens of ways depending on the context, though.

Mnogo ulybok na svete,
Mnogo volnuyushikh gla-aaaaaz,
Tol'ko takie kak eti ...
v zhizne vstrechayutsya raz! ;)

"And now if a whole nation fell into that? In such a case, I answer, infallibly they will return out of it. For life is no cunningly-devised deception or self deception, it is a great truth that thou art alive, that thou hast desires, necessities: neither can these subsist and satisfy themselves on delusions, but on fact. To fact, depend on it, we shall come back: to such fact, blessed or cursed, as we have wisdom for."
Thomas Carlyle
2015 Jan 25 20:57
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Temnozor
Kornilov did nothing wrong
Supervision

Россия

(2015 Jan 25 20:57)Osweo Wrote:  Ne znam, maybe there's tens of ways depending on the context, though.

I need something simple like Russian есть or существует. Tongue

"Whoever says that he "belongs to his time" is only saying that he agrees with the largest number of fools at that moment." - Nicolás Gómez Dávila

[Image: ecc9v9ru.jpg]
2015 Jan 25 21:58
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Osweo

England

I was under the vpechatlenie that the Jugos kept that verb in a far more functional state than the Russians did, even retaining first person plural forms and so on. Your yest' is the same thing as in Kosovo je Srbija, nicht wahr?

You should find some canonical text to compare things. The Bible is a bad example due to the old-fashioned and tserkvoslavyansky terms, but some Jugoslav Kompartiya enthusiast must have translated the Sobranie Sochitaniya Lenina: just find the bit where he stresses that "Yest' takaya Partiya!" Big Grin

I know the NEGATIVE form, at least:
Ona plache, on ye nezhno lyubi;
za nikh dvoe vishe sretse nema Big Grin

"And now if a whole nation fell into that? In such a case, I answer, infallibly they will return out of it. For life is no cunningly-devised deception or self deception, it is a great truth that thou art alive, that thou hast desires, necessities: neither can these subsist and satisfy themselves on delusions, but on fact. To fact, depend on it, we shall come back: to such fact, blessed or cursed, as we have wisdom for."
Thomas Carlyle
2015 Jan 25 23:15
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Temnozor
Supervision

Россия

(2015 Jan 25 23:15)Osweo Wrote:  I was under the vpechatlenie that the Jugos kept that verb in a far more functional state than the Russians did, even retaining first person plural forms and so on. Your yest' is the same thing as in Kosovo je Srbija, nicht wahr?

Yes to the first one, no the second. Kosove je Srbija would be "Косово - это Сербия". Or something more fitting like "Косово - (это) сербская земля", but you can't use есть there. As for the Yugo way to say "there is", it probably could be "ima". "Ima mnogo filmova"? But I'm not sure, in Russian it would be wrong.

"Whoever says that he "belongs to his time" is only saying that he agrees with the largest number of fools at that moment." - Nicolás Gómez Dávila

2015 Jan 27 11:24
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Aramis
Angloholic

Hrvatska

To be in Croatian:

Jesam, jesi, je
Jesmo, jeste, jesu

or...

sam, si, je
smo, ste, su

There you go! "Kosovo jeste Srbija" is correct.

http://hr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pomoćni_glagoli

Samo kurvi i konobaru pare ostavljam.
2015 Jan 27 15:00
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 1 user Likes Aramis's post:
Osweo (27-01-2015)
Heretik
Away
Rotationseuropäer
Supervision

Hrvatska

Ala šu! Big Grin

DžDž
2015 Jan 27 16:20
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Temnozor
Supervision

Россия

(2015 Jan 27 15:00)Aramis Wrote:  To be in Croatian:

Jesam, jesi, je
Jesmo, jeste, jesu

or...

sam, si, je
smo, ste, su

There you go! "Kosovo jeste Srbija" is correct.

http://hr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pomoćni_glagoli

Oh wow, I haven't learned yet that you can use these in this particular way. Intredastings. And thanks. Tongue

2015 Jan 27 23:51
Like PostLIKE REPLY