Gender equality in domestic violence
Zephyr
Away
Bots, bots everywhere.
Supervision

Portugal

Gender equality in domestic violence
A new public service announcement posted online earlier this week shows how individuals react to seeing incidents of domestic abuse — but there’s a catch at the end.

The video, shot with three hidden cameras, first shows a scene unfold in the U.K. where a man is the aggressor in a domestic dispute.

“Get your hand off me!” the woman shouts.

Within moments, several onlookers move in and intervene, with one woman even threatening to call authorities.

In the next scene, however, the video examines the crowd’s reaction to a man becoming the victim of domestic abuse. This time, people point and chuckle.

The video — produced by the ManKind Initiative, which “helps and supports male victims of domestic abuse” — ends citing a statistic which claims that 40-percent of domestic violence is suffered by men.

The campaign ‬# ViolenceIsViolence was created by ManKind Initiative Foundation, which fights to end violence in the UK. The initiative took place on the streets of London and a couple of actors involved, arguing until use physical violence. In this video you can see the reaction of people in two different situations, first man in the role of aggressor, and then played the victim.

http://www.mankind.org.uk/aboutus.html

[Image: m8Qubx3.jpg]

Jeff Hanneman 1964-2013
João Ribas 1965-2014
Lemmy Kilmister 1945-2015
2014 Jul 26 14:37
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Aramis
Angloholic

Hrvatska

RE: Gender equality in domestic violence
I've seen the video weeks ago. This public outburst of laughter is just sickening and hypocritical to the core.

Then again, witnessing the same sight, I'd chuckle as well.

Samo kurvi i konobaru pare ostavljam.
2014 Jul 26 14:55
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 2 users Like Aramis's post:
Mustapaita (27-07-2014), Zephyr (26-07-2014)
Zephyr
Away
Bots, bots everywhere.
Supervision

Portugal

Truth be said, a man his size would have strength enough to push a girl like her away one handed and shout "feck off". It's a bit pathetic if there are cases like this.

[Image: m8Qubx3.jpg]

Jeff Hanneman 1964-2013
João Ribas 1965-2014
Lemmy Kilmister 1945-2015
2014 Jul 26 15:30
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 1 user Likes Zephyr's post:
Aramis (27-07-2014)
Tintagell
Chthonic

England

That doesn't justify domestic abuse.

That they would laugh at a man being abused makes me sick.
2014 Jul 26 22:19
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Phlegethon
Factionist of the forlorn

Deutschland

Not in haunts of marble chill,
Temples drear where ancients trod,—
Nay, in oaks on woody hill
Lives and moves the German God.

2014 Jul 26 22:44
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 1 user Likes Phlegethon's post:
Aramis (27-07-2014)
Aramis
Angloholic

Hrvatska

I did my internship at the office of the local prosecutor, more precisely the department who's main focus were crimes such as murder, robbery and domestic violence.

The number of cases on domestic violence was overwhelmingly larger than I had been expecting, and in all instances, I encountered, women where the victims.
But it was only on rare occasions that we had legal ground to raise charges against the suspects, as the women would start to defend their men's actions, in a matter of moments after accusing them. Actually, the only reliable eye witnesses were the children from these marriages.

Objectively speaking (domestic) violence should never be considered a subject for amusement of the masses. Yet, it always is.

As for the sight witnessed in the video, male being beaten by physically smaller and weaker female, well... even in times deprived of social engineering and constant propaganda, people would laugh their asses off. Even less discrete than nowadays.
But since we live in the glorious age of equality, I guess women should be less hypocritical on such instances.

Samo kurvi i konobaru pare ostavljam.
2014 Jul 27 11:48
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 4 users Like Aramis's post:
Dussander (27-07-2014), Erwann (28-07-2014), Osweo (27-07-2014), Zephyr (29-07-2014)