Russia bans all U.S. food, EU fruit and vegetables in sanctions response; NATO fears
Aptrgangr
Nulla crux, nulla corona
Supervision

Deutschland

Russia bans all U.S. food, EU fruit and vegetables in sanctions response; NATO fears
Russia bans all U.S. food, EU fruit and vegetables in sanctions response; NATO fears invasion

By Polina Devitt and Maria Tsvetkova
MOSCOW/DONETSK Ukraine Wed Aug 6, 2014 8:20pm EDT

(Reuters) - Russia will ban all imports of food from the United States and all fruit and vegetables from Europe, the state news agency reported on Wednesday, a sweeping response to Western sanctions imposed over its support for rebels in Ukraine.

The measures will hit consumers at home who rely on cheap imports, and on farmers in the West for whom Russia is a big market. Moscow is by far the biggest buyer of European fruit and vegetables and the second biggest importer of U.S. poultry. (...)

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/08/0...=worldNews

Russian Sanctions Begin To Backfire
http://www.businessinsider.com/russian-s...ire-2014-8

"The secret to happiness is freedom... And the secret to freedom is courage."
Thucydides

“My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right.” Carl Schurz

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms."
Aristotle

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must." Thucydides
2014 Aug 07 01:59
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 4 users Like Aptrgangr's post:
Dussander (09-08-2014), Erwann (09-08-2014), Osweo (07-08-2014), Violet (07-08-2014)
Aptrgangr
Nulla crux, nulla corona
Supervision

Deutschland

RE: Russia bans all U.S. food, EU fruit and vegetables in sanctions response; NATO fears
The West on the wrong path

08.08.2014, 13:53 Uhr

In view of the events in Ukraine, the government and many media have switched from level-headed to agitated. The spectrum of opinions has been narrowed to the width of a sniper scope. The politics of escalation does not have a realistic goal – and harms German interests.

Düsseldorf
Every war is accompanied by a kind of mental mobilization: war fever. Even smart people are not immune to controlled bouts of this fever. “This war in all its atrociousness is still a great and wonderful thing. It is an experience worth having“ rejoiced Max Weber in 1914 when the lights went out in Europe. Thomas Mann felt a “cleansing, liberation, and a tremendous amount of hope“. (...)

http://www.handelsblatt.com/meinung/komm...08406.html

"The secret to happiness is freedom... And the secret to freedom is courage."
Thucydides

“My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right.” Carl Schurz

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms."
Aristotle

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must." Thucydides
2014 Aug 09 07:53
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 2 users Like Aptrgangr's post:
Dussander (09-08-2014), Osweo (09-08-2014)
Erwann
Make Armorica Great Again
Supervision

Breizh

RE:
[Image: Bugvs_Nf_IAAAv_Nq_B.jpg][Image: Bugvs_PJIEAATBP0.jpg]

That explains why Americans are pushing Europeans into an economic war with Russia.
2014 Aug 09 11:19
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 3 users Like Erwann's post:
Aptrgangr (10-08-2014), Dussander (09-08-2014), Jarmo (13-04-2015)
Mustapaita
Tulkoon sota ja veriset vaatteet

Suomi

RE: Russia bans all U.S. food, EU fruit and vegetables in sanctions response; NATO fears
This might be the 1990's all over again for Finland.

"Devil, I am devil." ― Pekka Siitoin
2014 Aug 09 14:59
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Temnozor
Kornilov did nothing wrong
Supervision

Россия

Oy vey, I'll have to check whether my hometown will still have an McDonalds when I'll go there next month.

"Whoever says that he "belongs to his time" is only saying that he agrees with the largest number of fools at that moment." - Nicolás Gómez Dávila

[Image: ecc9v9ru.jpg]
2014 Aug 09 16:32
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Karl
My face when I read your post:

Eesti

(2014 Aug 09 14:59)Mustapaita Wrote:  This might be the 1990's all over again for Finland.
(2014 Aug 09 14:59)Mustapaita Wrote:  This might be the 1990's all over again for Finland.

I don't get it why Finland hasn't understood that being a Russian satellite isn't good in the long run, politically and economically. Trade with Russia has always been unstable, even for pro-Russian countries like Finland as for some reason it joined the EU while quite often showing sentiment more akin to the CIS countries.
2014 Aug 09 18:17
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Mustapaita

Suomi

Earth to Karl... Do you copy.

2014 Aug 09 19:26
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 1 user Likes Mustapaita's post:
Aramis (11-08-2014)
Temnozor
Kornilov did nothing wrong
Supervision

Россия

You know what to do, then. Join your Mongol brothers in our glorious Eurasian Union. It will be like a new Golden Horde.

"Whoever says that he "belongs to his time" is only saying that he agrees with the largest number of fools at that moment." - Nicolás Gómez Dávila

[Image: ecc9v9ru.jpg]
2014 Aug 09 21:40
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 2 users Like Temnozor's post:
Aramis (11-08-2014), Dussander (10-08-2014)
Karl
My face when I read your post:

Eesti

(2014 Aug 09 19:26)Mustapaita Wrote:  Earth to Karl... Do you copy.

Even Western-European EU countries are rather surprised at the statements that your foreign minister, Erki Tuomioja has made.

My last post was just very truthful so I'm not surprised that a xenophobic Finn with half of a brain can't understand that Finland is Russia's "friend" in the EU, but the chance of that backfiring are just very high.

Finland has 2 options, start being more Western-minded and stay in the EU or step out of the EU and continue being "Russia's friend" while joining CIS.

Currently Finland is in-between those 2 things and that is just making things worse.
2014 Aug 10 14:41
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 1 user Likes Karl's post:
Mustapaita (10-08-2014)
Mustapaita

Suomi

^Great post. But who is Erki and what did he say?

2014 Aug 10 17:34
Like PostLIKE REPLY