Russia bans all U.S. food, EU fruit and vegetables in sanctions response; NATO fears
Karl
My face when I read your post:

Eesti

RE: Russia bans all U.S. food, EU fruit and vegetables in sanctions response; NATO fears
(2014 Aug 11 20:30)Erwann Wrote:  
(2014 Aug 11 19:07)Karl Wrote:  So, this is a pro-Russian forum like Loki's run TA, nice. You two should merge. Loki loves Russia and Putin just like you guys.

Forum Europa is just pro-European.
Many of us support Ukrainian independence. But it's quite clear that Ukrainians are just the pawns of an American geopolitical game and Ukraine won't be better, the oligarchs are still leading this country.
Like Henry Kissinger said, Ukraine should be more like Finland, a bridge between the west and the east.

Lady with Ukrainian scarf in Moscow vs guy with massive Russian flag at Maidan square in Kiev:

There's nothing fantastic about Russia, they hate all other people around them, even if your government is "their friend".
2014 Aug 11 20:32
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Eldritch
Your friends like this.

Suomi

RE: Russia bans all U.S. food, EU fruit and vegetables in sanctions response; NATO fears
Putin promised to bring back the glory days of the Soviet Union. As far as Russian shop shelves go, it seems they are already here:

[Image: 0rK5tYs.jpg]

I like to look at the human self-model as a neurocomputational weapon, a certain data structure that the brain can activate from time to time.

Thomas Metzinger
2014 Aug 11 20:43
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 1 user Likes Eldritch's post:
Tintagell (17-08-2014)
Temnozor
Kornilov did nothing wrong
Supervision

Россия

(2014 Aug 11 20:43)Eldritch Wrote:  Putin promised to bring back the glory days of the Soviet Union. As far as Russian shop shelves go, it seems they are already here:

Meh, I doubt the indication value of those pictures. Mostly more than half of all products on sale in Russian supermarkets are Russian or CIS made, completely empty shelfs as a result of import bans on Western products are just not realistical. Also it's been only a few days since the sanctions have been introduced, shops usually store their products and I doubt that Russian retailers ran out of Western imported stuff in just a couple of days. The point I should have started with, though, is that my friends in Russia told me that the selfs in the stores are still full with everything. I don't know who made these empty shelf pictures and where they have been shot, but I'd strongly assume that they are as insightful as #SochiProblems was a few months ago.

"Whoever says that he "belongs to his time" is only saying that he agrees with the largest number of fools at that moment." - Nicolás Gómez Dávila

[Image: ecc9v9ru.jpg]
2014 Aug 11 21:06
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 4 users Like Temnozor's post:
Dussander (11-08-2014), Eldritch (11-08-2014), Erwann (11-08-2014), Osweo (12-08-2014)
W. R.
cannibalish chauvinist

Беларусь

Those Europeans annoy the hell out of me. The First Economic War is going on, and they are complaining about lost economic opportunities, instead of thanking God for not having to send their sons to die on a front.

Pull yourself together and stay strong! The victory will be yours.

[...] just as it is not left unto us to choose our ancestors, so we may not choose our nation; we can only fulfil, or not fulfil, the obligations that come from being a member of our people’.
© Dr. Jan Stankievič ‘From the History of Belarus’

[Image: now.jpg]
2014 Aug 11 22:22
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 2 users Like W. R.'s post:
Aemma (12-08-2014), Kat (20-08-2014)
Eldritch
Your friends like this.

Suomi

RE: Russia bans all U.S. food, EU fruit and vegetables in sanctions
(2014 Aug 11 21:06)Temnozor Wrote:  
(2014 Aug 11 20:43)Eldritch Wrote:  Putin promised to bring back the glory days of the Soviet Union. As far as Russian shop shelves go, it seems they are already here:

Meh, I doubt the indication value of those pictures. Mostly more than half of all products on sale in Russian supermarkets are Russian or CIS made, completely empty shelfs as a result of import bans on Western products are just not realistical. Also it's been only a few days since the sanctions have been introduced, shops usually store their products and I doubt that Russian retailers ran out of Western imported stuff in just a couple of days. The point I should have started with, though, is that my friends in Russia told me that the selfs in the stores are still full with everything. I don't know who made these empty shelf pictures and where they have been shot, but I'd strongly assume that they are as insightful as #SochiProblems was a few months ago.

Well, fair enough. Anyway I found the source of the photo.

I like to look at the human self-model as a neurocomputational weapon, a certain data structure that the brain can activate from time to time.

Thomas Metzinger
2014 Aug 12 00:34
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Osweo

England

Aye, when I was living there, even in ultra-Westernised Moscow, most things I ate were grown in the Kuban or whatever. I just got an email today from an old friend there, and she was bewailing how LITHUANIANS were going to suffer from all these sanctions, not Russians!
Я была в Литве, ездили по маленьким деревушкам и озёрам.
Они ввели против нас САНКЦИИ и теперь вообще не знают, что делать. Скоро жрать им будет нечего. Но зато поддерживают США против нас. Но люди живут там очень бедно и вообще не понятно, как без русских туристов обойдутся...
This insane policy is having terrible domestic repercussions within the EU, and may soon show political implications.

Stick this in google translate:
Quote:Чёрт знает что происходит.Но мы сильные и сможем всё пережить. Если не мы, то кто?
Я начала на своей даче выращивать картофель, огурцы, помидоры, морковь, редис, зелень всякую, тыкву, кабачки и много разных ягод. Не на продажу, конечно, а так для себя. Зато всё натуральное и не ГМО. Скоро нам из ЕС вообще ничего привозить не будут. Но у нас и так много всего своего.
Говорят запретят Макдональдсы и прочую гадость.Но ведь это же отлично!!!
Политику президента у нас реально в основном поддерживают. Все хотят нормальную страну, а не колонию США.
I'm proud to know such people.

"And now if a whole nation fell into that? In such a case, I answer, infallibly they will return out of it. For life is no cunningly-devised deception or self deception, it is a great truth that thou art alive, that thou hast desires, necessities: neither can these subsist and satisfy themselves on delusions, but on fact. To fact, depend on it, we shall come back: to such fact, blessed or cursed, as we have wisdom for."
Thomas Carlyle
2014 Aug 12 01:24
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 1 user Likes Osweo's post:
Eldritch (12-08-2014)
Xmia
Space Commienazi

England

RE:
(2014 Aug 11 20:43)Eldritch Wrote:  Putin promised to bring back the glory days of the Soviet Union.

(2014 Aug 12 01:24)Osweo Wrote:  I'm proud to know such people.

It's not just foodstuffs they'll be gloriously queuing for;

Two hour queue for Vladimir Putin T-shirts in Moscow

Mickey Rourke got his.
[Image: article-2722153-2070E32300000578-468_634x453.jpg]

I'll take the tropical feel Crimea one
[Image: 1045145.jpg]
2014 Aug 12 01:43
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 4 users Like Xmia's post:
Dussander (15-08-2014), Eldritch (12-08-2014), Osweo (12-08-2014), Temnozor (12-08-2014)
Eldritch
Your friends like this.

Suomi

^ Next summer's must have hipster accessory, methinks.

Thomas Metzinger
2014 Aug 12 11:59
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 1 user Likes Eldritch's post:
Dussander (15-08-2014)
Erwann
Make Armorica Great Again
Supervision

Breizh

Russia bans all U.S. food, EU fruit and vegetables in sanctions response; NATO fears
Quote:​EU to urge Latin America not to export food to Russia

The European Union is reported to be planning to dissuade Latin American countries from providing Russia with agricultural produce, saying it would be unfair and ‘difficult to justify.’

We will be talking to the countries that would potentially replacing our exports to indicate that we would expect them not to profit unfairly from the current situation,” the Financial Times (FT) quotes one senior EU official talking at a briefing on the situation in Ukraine on Monday.

The food producers could sign new contracts with Russia, but it would be “difficult to justify” the desire of the countries to pursue the diplomatic initiatives to fill the gap left by the EU, the official added.

Another EU official explained that negotiations could be part of political discussions aimed at addressing the importance of a united international front on Ukraine, rather than hindering food exports to Russia.

Despite being the world’s largest trading bloc, the EU has little influence, as its 15-year negotiations with Latin America’s Mercosur have been mired in difficulties over market access.

Since Russia imposed an import ban on agricultural products from the EU, US, Australia, Norway and Canada, several Latin America countries and trade groups have said Moscow’s measures could offer them a lucrative windfall.

READ MORE: Russia’s import ban means big business for Latin America

Chile is already tipped as a major beneficiary of Russia’s embargo on European fish, while Brazil immediately gave a green light to about 90 meat plants to start exporting chicken, beef and pork.

Russia has the potential to be a large consumer of agricultural commodities, not just meat,” Seneri Paludo, Brazil’s Secretary for Agricultural Policy said, citing that Russia may also increase procurement of corn and soya beans.

Besides Latin America benefitting from the embargo, Belarus and Turkey are also believed to win from the supply gap.

The EU member states are meeting in Brussels on Thursday where they are expected to work out a comprehensive response to Russia’s food embargo.

Source
2014 Aug 12 12:55
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 2 users Like Erwann's post:
Dussander (15-08-2014), Osweo (12-08-2014)
Mustapaita
Tulkoon sota ja veriset vaatteet

Suomi

(2014 Aug 11 19:07)Karl Wrote:  So, this is a pro-Russian forum like Loki's run TA, nice. You two should merge. Loki loves Russia and Putin just like you guys.

Talking about Finland, not criticising Russia while it takes over Crimea and sends weapons to the terrorists in eastern-Ukraine, just to uphold "good relations" is pro-russian.

Here's what Erki and other leading Finnish politicians have said about Crimea:

http://yle.fi/uutiset/tuomioja_ei_pida_u...ta/7120017

http://www.hs.fi/politiikka/a1393727915884

http://www.kauppalehti.fi/etusivu/tuomio...1406687900

http://www.hameenkaiku.fi/viikko-hame/ty...attomuutta

http://www.ess.fi/uutiset/ulkomaat/2014/...a-oikeutta

http://yle.fi/uutiset/presidentti_niinis...ta/7372694

http://www.verkkouutiset.fi/politiikka/p...aina-18458

http://www.istv.fi/kotimaa/vid-1407218423249.html

Your claims are divorced from reality. It must be that Estonian inferiority complex kicking in again.

"Devil, I am devil." ― Pekka Siitoin
2014 Aug 12 13:43
Like PostLIKE REPLY