Slavthread
Aramis
Angloholic

Hrvatska

RE: Slavthread
(2015 Jan 04 00:12)Temnozor Wrote:  Urgh, kak složno, v ruskom u nas est' tol'ko "oćen'" i "sil'no" (ćego znaćit tože samoe, ćto i "jako" po-serbski). Tongue

Moćno i silno. Moć (might, power) and sila (force). "Jako" is strong.

Samo kurvi i konobaru pare ostavljam.
2015 Jan 04 00:16
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 1 user Likes Aramis's post:
Mylene (04-01-2015)
Temnozor
Kornilov did nothing wrong
Supervision

Россия

Moar promo:

[Image: rvtb2rom.jpg]

[Image: oasm4ztt.jpg]

Second one is to lure W.R.. Big Grin

"Whoever says that he "belongs to his time" is only saying that he agrees with the largest number of fools at that moment." - Nicolás Gómez Dávila

[Image: ecc9v9ru.jpg]
2015 Jan 04 00:17
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 3 users Like Temnozor's post:
Dussander (04-01-2015), Osweo (05-01-2015), W. R. (08-01-2015)
Temnozor
Supervision

Россия

(2015 Jan 04 00:16)Aramis Wrote:  Moćno i silno. Moć (might, power) and sila (force). "Jako" is strong.

silnyj / silno / silna(ja) = strong
sila = strength (in a Star Wars sense it's also force)
mosh (мощь) = might
vlast' = power

"Jako" means the same as Russian "silno". "Ja silno zabolel" is a possible way to say "I fell very ill", for instance.

"Whoever says that he "belongs to his time" is only saying that he agrees with the largest number of fools at that moment." - Nicolás Gómez Dávila

2015 Jan 04 00:22
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 2 users Like Temnozor's post:
Aramis (04-01-2015), Mylene (04-01-2015)
Aramis
Angloholic

Hrvatska

(2015 Jan 04 00:22)Temnozor Wrote:  
(2015 Jan 04 00:16)Aramis Wrote:  Moćno i silno. Moć (might, power) and sila (force). "Jako" is strong.

silnyj / silno / silna(ja) = strong
sila = strength (in a Star Wars sense it's also force)
mosh (мощь) = might
vlast' = power

"Jako" means the same as Russian "silno". "Ja silno zabolel" is a possible way to say "I fell very ill", for instance.

Vlast = control, authority over someone or something

I would "Ja silno zabolel" through my native tounge's lens understand as... it makes no sense. Big Grin

I believe it's time to ditch this brotherhood idea and go separate ways. Cheerio! I of Anglo now.

2015 Jan 04 00:34
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Mylene

Србија

(2015 Jan 04 00:34)Aramis Wrote:  [

Vlast = control, authority over someone or something

I would "Ja silno zabolel" through my native tounge's lens understand as... it makes no sense. Big Grin

I believe it's time to ditch this brotherhood idea and go separate ways. Cheerio! I of Anglo now.

I would rather think that he is in some kind of pain, instead that he is ill (it's not far away from real meaning, in this case). If we watch grammar, maybe it wouldn't make sense, but words are not strange, and there is possibility to guess the meaning, i believe.

Boleti-ache, to be in pain
Zaboleti- to start feeling pain, to start aching

Or something like that. Big Grin

coffee
2015 Jan 04 00:45
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Temnozor
Supervision

Россия

Vlast' in Russian can also plainly mean "government" and you can derive a verb from it - vlastvovat' (to govern). Although that's kinda old-fashioned, "pravit'" is usually better (just as "pravitelstvo" is the more standard word for "government"). But "pravit'", again, I know, has another meaning in Serbian and Croatian (to make or to do, I believe, isn't it?). As I said, sometimes Slav languages are really fucking confusing, it can be a major disadvantage when learning a new one.

(2015 Jan 04 00:34)Aramis Wrote:  I would "Ja silno zabolel" through my native tounge's lens understand as... it makes no sense. Big Grin

Is "sam jako oboljeo" halal in Bosnian? Tongue

Quote:I believe it's time to ditch this brotherhood idea and go separate ways. Cheerio! I of Anglo now.

The commieblocks behind your window disagree. ;)

2015 Jan 04 00:46
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Temnozor
Supervision

Россия

(2015 Jan 04 00:45)Mylene Wrote:  Boleti-ache, to be in pain
Zaboleti- to start feeling pain, to start aching

Or something like that. Big Grin

Yeah, that's correct. Congratulation on your Slav powers. LOL

2015 Jan 04 00:50
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 1 user Likes Temnozor's post:
Mylene (04-01-2015)
Temnozor
Supervision

Россия

(2015 Jan 04 00:22)Temnozor Wrote:  silnyj / silno / silna(ja) = strong

Oh, I also came to think of an interesting one, can anyone of you, for example, make sense of "sily pravohranenija"? "Sily" being just the plural of "sila".

2015 Jan 04 00:55
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Aramis
Angloholic

Hrvatska

(2015 Jan 04 00:46)Temnozor Wrote:  Vlast' in Russian can also plainly mean "government" and you can derive a verb from it - vlastvovat' (to govern). Although that's kinda old-fashioned, "pravit'" is usually better (just as "pravitelstvo" is the more standard word for "government"). But "pravit'", again, I know, has another meaning in Serbian and Croatian (to make or to do, I believe, isn't it?). As I said, sometimes Slav languages are really fucking confusing, it can be a major disadvantage when learning a new one.

Pravit pravu pravdu!

Quote:Is "sam jako oboljeo" halal in Bosnian? Tongue

Ja sam jako bolestan - I am very sick.
Ja sam oboljeo (od ____) - I am sick (of ____)
Ja sam se razbolio - I got sick

I feel very ill - Ne osjećam se dobro / Pozlilo mi je.

Quote:The commieblocks behind your window disagree. ;)

True... It's...

Stronker than me!

2015 Jan 04 00:58
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Temnozor
Supervision

Россия

(2015 Jan 04 00:58)Aramis Wrote:  Pravit pravu pravdu!

Make the truth true?

(2015 Jan 04 00:58)Aramis Wrote:  I feel very ill - Ne osjećam se dobro / Pozlilo mi je.

But that's missing the "very", wtf. You couldn't put a "very" into the equivalent of your first sentence in Russian as well "ja ne ćuvstvuju sebja horošo", but to add a "very" you just need to say "ja ćuvstvuju sebja oćen' ploho". But that doesn't even contain "ill", just "feel not good / feel (very) bad". Just what the fuck is wrong with your language!

(2015 Jan 04 00:58)Aramis Wrote:  Ja sam jako bolestan - I am very sick.

That's more like it, but I was looking for the unfinished form. "I fell very sick", "I got very sick", "I became very sick".

2015 Jan 04 01:11
Like PostLIKE REPLY