France sends Charles de Gaulle aircraft carrier for anti-ISIS op in Iraq
Aramis
Angloholic

Hrvatska

France sends Charles de Gaulle aircraft carrier for anti-ISIS op in Iraq
[Image: charles-de-gaulle-aircraft-carrier-1.si.jpg]

Quote:French President Francois Hollande has announced that the Charles de Gaulle aircraft carrier is ready for use in military operations against Islamic State in Iraq. The warship is to work in cooperation with coalition forces combatting the militants.

In a speech onboard the aircraft carrier on Wednesday, Hollande told military personnel that that the Charlie Hebdo massacre carried out by Islamic extremists last week “justifies the presence of our aircraft carrier.”

"Thanks to the Charles de Gaulle we will have intelligence ... we may also conduct operations in Iraq," Hollande said.

[...]

source

What shall we do with the drunken sailor?

Samo kurvi i konobaru pare ostavljam.
2015 Jan 15 22:49
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 2 users Like Aramis's post:
Aptrgangr (15-01-2015), W. R. (15-01-2015)
Aemma

France

RE: France sends Charles de Gaulle aircraft carrier for anti-ISIS op in Iraq
Well, you can't much blame them. It would be the logical thing for a country to flex some muscle (however it is to be flexed) in some measure especially if a certain group actually claimed responsibility for what occurred in Paris last week.

But we shouldn't forget that the Paris incident last week wasn't just one single episode. There have been other 'lone wolf' instances that have occurred in France in the last couple of months. They just haven't had the same media coverage that this one did.

~Be the Virtuous Man or Woman you are meant to be.~
2015 Jan 15 22:54
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 2 users Like Aemma's post:
Kat (15-01-2015), W. R. (15-01-2015)
Aramis
Angloholic

Hrvatska

Love that logic.

2015 Jan 15 23:00
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Aemma

France

(2015 Jan 15 23:00)Aramis Wrote:  Love that logic.

I said 'flex some muscle'. I didn't say to bomb them.

But what would you have the French do, Aramis? Seriously? Are they just to roll over and do nothing?

What do you suggest exactly?

And just so we're clear, I'm not a redneck, not a follower of Hannity (have never watched anything about or from him in my life!) and much less the rednecks from Duck Dynasty of all things. If you're suggesting that I am, you're quite wrong.

2015 Jan 15 23:13
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Aramis
Angloholic

Hrvatska

(2015 Jan 15 23:13)Aemma Wrote:  But what would you have the French do, Aramis? Seriously? Are they just to roll over and do nothing?

Whatever it is they have to do, intervening in the Middle east is not to be considered a preferable path. Either they haven't learned from their past, or there are other interests at stake which they so charmingly mask under the pretense of freedom of speech and national security (to execute this maneuver).

As for ma man Phil, I wasn't comparing him to you, just his particular logics in this peculiar predicament. No offense given. Stop seeing into things that aren't there. ;)

2015 Jan 15 23:34
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 1 user Likes Aramis's post:
Osweo (17-01-2015)
Temnozor
Kornilov did nothing wrong
Supervision

Россия

(2015 Jan 15 23:13)Aemma Wrote:  But what would you have the French do, Aramis? Seriously? Are they just to roll over and do nothing?

How about attempting to fix internal problems like ... internally, instead of sending soldiers across the whole Mediterranean to scare some desert durkas? Or otherwise, how about stopping to actually arm Al Quaida aka "the moderate Syrian rebels" and help out those who are fighting them, like Assad?

"Whoever says that he "belongs to his time" is only saying that he agrees with the largest number of fools at that moment." - Nicolás Gómez Dávila

[Image: ecc9v9ru.jpg]
2015 Jan 15 23:55
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 1 user Likes Temnozor's post:
Osweo (17-01-2015)
Aemma

France

(2015 Jan 15 23:55)Temnozor Wrote:  

How about attempting to fix internal problems like ... internally, instead of sending soldiers across the whole Mediterranean to scare some desert durkas? Or otherwise, how about stopping to actually arm Al Quaida aka "the moderate Syrian rebels" and help out those who are fighting them, like Assad?

And what's your motivation for bringing up Assad into this conversation, of all people?

I honestly couldn't care less about Syria right now. I do however care about France and her future. Do you mind telling me how my concerns for France should be trumped by my concerns for Syria?

I'm not of Syrian extraction if you didn't know.

2015 Jan 16 01:07
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Aramis
Angloholic

Hrvatska

(2015 Jan 16 01:07)Aemma Wrote:  I'm not of Syrian extraction if you didn't know.

But thousands of Syrians flooding France and Germany are. And if Assad was were he had been 5 years ago, much could have been prevented.

Gaddafi is a more suitable person to evoke in regards to French foreign politics though.

2015 Jan 16 01:20
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Aemma

France

Oh here's a gem for all of you Lovers of ISIS:

http://www.geenstijl.nl/mt/archieven/201...jihad.html

From a Dutch site but the video is in French and there are English subtitles.

I dunno. I'd want to not have these people come into my country and wreak havoc. Can't say that some of you guys here give me the impression that you'd be on my side in this though. Maybe you want jihadists to come and annihilate parts of Europe all in the name of some idea of "justice" that you yourselves have.

Let them ravage your countries if you want. That's your choice. I would just rather they not ravage France, thanks very much. What might surprise some of you here is that for all of what's not quite right with France, I still very much appreciate the country from where my own culture derives. I want something better for it and I want her to fight for herself.

2015 Jan 16 01:42
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Aramis
Angloholic

Hrvatska

I wonder where all these progressive and noble anti-Saddam and anti-Assad fighters got their weaponry from. I believe Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Turkey were partially involved. But they go it from...

2015 Jan 16 01:54
Like PostLIKE REPLY