Greece says not in 'Wild West showdown' with Europe
Aptrgangr
Nulla crux, nulla corona
Supervision

Deutschland

By Michele Kambas and William James

NICOSIA/LONDON (Reuters) - Greece sought to reassure international investors on Monday that it was not in a Wild West-style standoff with European partners over a new debt agreement, although sparring partner Germany gave no ground after a tough first week. (...)

When asked whether Greece would seek aid from Russia, which has suggested it could be willing to listen to a request for support from Athens, he said: "Right now, there are no other thoughts on the table." (...)

http://ca.reuters.com/article/topNews/id...WO20150202

"The secret to happiness is freedom... And the secret to freedom is courage."
Thucydides

“My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right.” Carl Schurz

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms."
Aristotle

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must." Thucydides
2015 Feb 02 21:25
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 1 user Likes Aptrgangr's post:
Gamera (02-02-2015)
Phlegethon
Factionist of the forlorn

Deutschland

RE: Greece says not in 'Wild West showdown' with Europe
If Greece decides to keep Russia as the only remaining friend the country's fate will be sealed.

Heck, I still can't stop laughing when I hear Tsipras announce that now he is going against the old financial oligarchy when at the same time he picked one of the most corrupt figures of that Ancien Régime, fatass multi-millionaire Panos Kammenos as minister of the defence.

Not in haunts of marble chill,
Temples drear where ancients trod,—
Nay, in oaks on woody hill
Lives and moves the German God.

2015 Feb 03 02:00
Like PostLIKE REPLY