Germany’s army is so under-equipped that it used broomsticks instead of machine guns
Aptrgangr
Nulla crux, nulla corona
Supervision

Deutschland

Germany’s army is so under-equipped that it used broomsticks instead of machine guns

The German army has faced a shortage of equipment for years, but the situation has recently become so precarious that some soldiers took matters into their own hands.

On Tuesday, German broadcaster ARD revealed that German soldiers tried to hide the lack of arms by replacing heavy machine guns with broomsticks during a NATO exercise last year. After painting the wooden sticks black, the German soldiers swiftly attached them to the top of armored vehicles, according to a confidential army report which was leaked to ARD. (...)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worl...4357149128

"The secret to happiness is freedom... And the secret to freedom is courage."
Thucydides

“My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right.” Carl Schurz

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms."
Aristotle

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must." Thucydides
2015 Feb 22 02:12
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 1 user Likes Aptrgangr's post:
W. R. (22-02-2015)
Phlegethon
Factionist of the forlorn

Deutschland

RE: Germany’s army is so under-equipped that it used broomsticks instead of machine guns
"To the lonely
Corner, broom!
Hear your doom.
As a spirit
When he wills, your master only
Calls you, then 'tis time to hear it."

Not in haunts of marble chill,
Temples drear where ancients trod,—
Nay, in oaks on woody hill
Lives and moves the German God.

2015 Feb 22 13:20
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Kat

Suomi

RE: Germany’s army is so under-equipped that it used broomsticks instead of machine guns
How far haven't the once mighty Prussian army fallen.
2015 Feb 22 14:01
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Phlegethon
Factionist of the forlorn

Deutschland

German broomstick ninjas don't need machine guns!

Not in haunts of marble chill,
Temples drear where ancients trod,—
Nay, in oaks on woody hill
Lives and moves the German God.

2015 Feb 22 14:49
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Osweo

England

I´ve seen enough German ... um.. . amateur cinema to worry me about this new type of weaponry... I think I´d rather be shot. Eek

"And now if a whole nation fell into that? In such a case, I answer, infallibly they will return out of it. For life is no cunningly-devised deception or self deception, it is a great truth that thou art alive, that thou hast desires, necessities: neither can these subsist and satisfy themselves on delusions, but on fact. To fact, depend on it, we shall come back: to such fact, blessed or cursed, as we have wisdom for."
Thomas Carlyle
2015 Feb 22 15:34
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Aptrgangr
Nulla crux, nulla corona
Supervision

Deutschland

RE: Germany’s army is so under-equipped that it used broomsticks
(2015 Feb 22 14:01)Kat Wrote:  How far haven't the once mighty Prussian army fallen.

Its not possible to fall deeper...

"The secret to happiness is freedom... And the secret to freedom is courage."
Thucydides

“My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right.” Carl Schurz

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms."
Aristotle

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must." Thucydides
2015 Aug 21 15:11
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 3 users Like Aptrgangr's post:
Kat (23-08-2015), Osweo (21-08-2015), Surtr Kvlt (22-08-2015)
Osweo

England

(2015 Aug 21 15:11)Aptrgangr Wrote:  Its not possible to fall deeper...

Mein Gott... it's far worse than I thought. none Ni Dieu, ni César, ni tribun!

"And now if a whole nation fell into that? In such a case, I answer, infallibly they will return out of it. For life is no cunningly-devised deception or self deception, it is a great truth that thou art alive, that thou hast desires, necessities: neither can these subsist and satisfy themselves on delusions, but on fact. To fact, depend on it, we shall come back: to such fact, blessed or cursed, as we have wisdom for."
Thomas Carlyle
2015 Aug 21 22:37
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 1 user Likes Osweo's post:
Kat (23-08-2015)