Civil War in Iraq and as-Sham
Surtr Kvlt
Wulfes-heafod

England

RE: Civil War in Iraq and as-Sham
Even the Ruskies are not crying false flag on this one, but claiming its from hitting a rebel depot. Hmm...
Quote:Hamish de Bretton-Gordon, a former commanding officer of the British Armed Forces Joint Chemical Biological Radiological Nuclear (CBRN) Regiment, said Russia's assertion that the strikes had hit rebel chemical weapons were "pretty fanciful".
"Axiomatically, if you blow up Sarin, you destroy it," he told the BBC.
Experts say the explosion resulting from an air strike on a chemical weapons facility would most likely incinerate any agents. Sarin and other nerve agents are also usually stocked in a "binary manner", which means they are kept as two distinct chemical precursors that are combined just before use, either manually or automatically inside a weapon when launched.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-39500947

Quote:The US says its military radar systems monitored a Syrian Air Force fixed-wing aircraft take off from Shayrat airbase in Homs province on Tuesday morning and fly over Khan Sheikhoun on two occasions - at 06:37 (03:37 GMT) and 06:46.
US military officials told NBC News that the radar systems picked up flashes on the ground, indicating that ordnance had been dropped on the rebel-held town about the same time that the first casualties with breathing difficulties were reported.

Hmm...

totalitARYAN
2017 Apr 08 23:22
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 3 users Like Surtr Kvlt's post:
Artturi (09-04-2017), Osweo (10-04-2017), W. R. (09-04-2017)
W. R.
cannibalish chauvinist

Беларусь

(2017 Apr 08 23:22)Surtr Kvlt Wrote:  Even the Ruskies are not crying false flag on this one, but claiming its from hitting a rebel depot. Hmm...

Today Latynina guessed that Assad deliberately chose the time to launch the chemical attack, he tried to prevent Tillerson and Putin from striking a deal on Syria (because there was a danger that Putin would sell him out in exchange for some benefits from the USA).

It means that Assad took a risk and it turned out to be justified: Trump's punishment was not severe.

If it plays out, it will mean Assad manipulated the two nuclear weapon states. Isn't that dude cool?

[...] just as it is not left unto us to choose our ancestors, so we may not choose our nation; we can only fulfil, or not fulfil, the obligations that come from being a member of our people’.
© Dr. Jan Stankievič ‘From the History of Belarus’

[Image: now.jpg]
2017 Apr 09 00:34
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 3 users Like W. R.'s post:
Artturi (09-04-2017), Osweo (09-04-2017), Surtr Kvlt (09-04-2017)
Surtr Kvlt
Wulfes-heafod

England

I want to believe.

But with all the chemical weapon use that's gone on since the beginning whoever is responsible for the sarin probably thought it was business as usual.

totalitARYAN
2017 Apr 09 09:14
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 1 user Likes Surtr Kvlt's post:
Artturi (09-04-2017)
Temnozor
Kornilov did nothing wrong
Supervision

Россия

(2017 Apr 08 23:22)Surtr Kvlt Wrote:  Hamish de Bretton-Gordon, a former commanding officer of the British Armed Forces Joint Chemical Biological Radiological Nuclear (CBRN) Regiment, said Russia's assertion that the strikes had hit rebel chemical weapons were "pretty fanciful".
"Axiomatically, if you blow up Sarin, you destroy it," he told the BBC.

I'm ready to bet my liver that it wasn't Sarin that was released. It's most likely Chlorine, but I don't know whether it would be ignited, destroyed or released if a stockpile was hit by a bomb. There are too many factors to consider and this incident needs a proper investigation.

"Whoever says that he "belongs to his time" is only saying that he agrees with the largest number of fools at that moment." - Nicolás Gómez Dávila

[Image: ecc9v9ru.jpg]
2017 Apr 09 09:36
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 2 users Like Temnozor's post:
Artturi (09-04-2017), Osweo (09-04-2017)
Temnozor
Kornilov did nothing wrong
Supervision

Россия

Daily reminder that SAAnime can do nothing wrong.

"Whoever says that he "belongs to his time" is only saying that he agrees with the largest number of fools at that moment." - Nicolás Gómez Dávila

[Image: ecc9v9ru.jpg]
2017 Apr 09 10:03
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 2 users Like Temnozor's post:
Artturi (09-04-2017), Osweo (09-04-2017)
Surtr Kvlt
Wulfes-heafod

England

totalitARYAN
2017 Apr 09 21:02
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 3 users Like Surtr Kvlt's post:
Artturi (09-04-2017), Mustapaita (09-04-2017), Osweo (10-04-2017)
Osweo

England

Peter Hitchens - can't really argue with this:

"And now if a whole nation fell into that? In such a case, I answer, infallibly they will return out of it. For life is no cunningly-devised deception or self deception, it is a great truth that thou art alive, that thou hast desires, necessities: neither can these subsist and satisfy themselves on delusions, but on fact. To fact, depend on it, we shall come back: to such fact, blessed or cursed, as we have wisdom for."
Thomas Carlyle
2017 Apr 11 13:34
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 1 user Likes Osweo's post:
Artturi (11-04-2017)
Mustapaita
Tulkoon sota ja veriset vaatteet

Suomi

Quote:This is a video I took in Khan Sheikhoun when I visited there on Thursday, two days after the chemical attack. I've tried to show the relative location of where the chemical laced missile landed and the nearby warehouse and grain silos that were said by Russia to contain toxic gas that leaked when the place was bombed. The warehouse as you can see is empty (you might not be able to make it out in the video but there was even a volleyball net at the far end of it). The silos were similarly empty except for some soil and a little animal dung as far as I could tell from the smell. As you can see some of the silos are destroyed, but they are on the far side of the explosion. The ones closer to the explosion are undamaged, which indicates it wasn't damaged in the chemical bombing. Locals (and satellite imagery) say it was bombed a while ago. There is also rubble around the warehouse from a prior bombing run, but it wasn't destroyed when I was there. I think the area was further damaged in bombings since the chemical attack. This was its state when I went in.

https://www.facebook.com/kareem.shaheen/...7460555583

"Devil, I am devil." ― Pekka Siitoin
2017 Apr 11 14:58
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 1 user Likes Mustapaita's post:
Artturi (11-04-2017)
Mustapaita

Suomi

Pretty good read from a month before the KS chemical attack by Aron Lund.
Quote:Red Line Redux: How Putin Tore Up Obama’s 2013 Syria Deal

The so-called “red line” episode in September 2013, when, in a last-minute decision, President Barack Obama called off U.S. air strikes in Syria,1 has continued to shape his legacy. Instead of striking the Syrian government in retaliation for a nerve gas attack near Damascus, Obama took Russian President Vladimir Putin up on an offer to peacefully dismantle the Syrian chemical weapons program and craft a United Nations resolution2 to make sure no gas attacks ever occurred in Syria again.

https://tcf.org/content/report/red-line-...yria-deal/

2017 Apr 17 16:04
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 1 user Likes Mustapaita's post:
Artturi (17-04-2017)
Mustapaita

Suomi

Quote:Syria war: Sarin used in Khan Sheikhoun attack, OPCW says

"Incontrovertible" test results show sarin gas or a similar substance was used in the chemical weapons attack in Syria earlier this month, the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) says.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-39648503

2017 Apr 20 13:11
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 2 users Like Mustapaita's post:
Artturi (20-04-2017), Surtr Kvlt (20-04-2017)