Civil War in Iraq and as-Sham
Peasant
Banned

England

RE: Civil war in Syria
The story about the Afghans sounds like rubbish, and even if there was rebels burning tyres there is no way to deny artillery shelling on rebel held areas.
2012 Jul 27 14:06
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 1 user Likes Peasant's post:
Dussander (27-07-2012)
Peasant
Banned

England

An interesting update on today's Guardian live blog.

Quote:4.40pm: Following the release of two journalists who were kidnapped in northern Syria (see 1.32pm), Peter Bouckaert, emergencies director of Human Rights Watch, has interviewed one of them – Dutch freelance photographer Jeroen Oerlemans.

Q You crossed from Turkey into Syria, where did things go wrong?

A We used a guide who we thought knew what he was doing, but halfway down the route he changed direction. There was a communication problem, he didn't speak any English. But he walked us straight into a jihadi training camp.

Q A jihadi training camp? Were the fighters from outside Syria, you think?

A Absolutely. There wasn't a Syrian present. They were all youngsters from other countries, African countries, Chechnya ...

Q And what did they want with you?

A At first, they said they just wanted to find out if we were indeed who we said we were, they said they thought we were CIA agents [inaudible]. But then it quickly became apparent they wanted to trade us for ransom.

Q And you tried to escape?

A Very unsuccesfully ... [laughs] We went towards ... we thought we had figured out a good escape route and thought we had found a quiet moment when almost nobody in the camp was paying attention to us. But they saw us almost right away running, and immediately the bullets were flying, and the big chase had begun. And 10 minutes later we were lying in our blood.

Q And then back to the camp? How did you finally manage to get out of there?

A There was a moment that we thought we would be disappeared, disappear from the radar screen, that they would take us to a place where no one would ever find us again. Like a place outside Syria, maybe Iraq, or to be handed over to another armed group. Just at that moment, a group of armed men came into the camp. We were blindfolded and bound, trying to wash our clothes at the time.

They stormed into our tent and started dressing down everyone. Why the hell we were being kept there, how long we had been kept there, why we were being treated this way.

Q And who was this?

A From what I know now, they were FSA, FSA soldiers. I don't know which faction. They managed to get intimidate the youth in the camp enough that they could take us out of the camp. Five minutes later they took us out of the camp while shooting [in the air I think]. And we were free.

Q The impression is created that the FSA is now in competition with foreign jihadis in this area, in its fight against Assad?

A Yes. Maybe in the short term they have the same aim, namely of overthrowing Assad and freeing Syria from a dictatorial regime. But where the FSA seems to be fighting for democracy, these foreign fighters don't want anything more than imposing Sharia on Syria. Syrians are pretty moderate Muslims in general, but they want to put them under the heavy boot of Sharia.

And that they [Syrians] wouldn't have much say in their own land, really.

Q You've just escaped, what are your plans for the coming days?

A I'm first going to let all of this settle in a bit, then I'm going home to see my family. And then I'll start thinking about the future.
2012 Jul 27 18:11
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 1 user Likes Peasant's post:
Osweo (29-07-2012)
Peasant
Banned

England

Christians Flee from Radical Rebels in Syria

Quote:Thousands of Syrians are fleeing into neighboring Lebanon -- not entirely due to fear of the Assad regime. The country's minority Christian population is suffering under attacks waged by rebel troops. In the Beqaa Valley in eastern Lebanon, Christian families are finding temporary refuge, but they are still terrified.

There had been many warnings that the Khouri* family wouldn't talk. "They won't say a word -- they're too scared," predicted the mayor of Qa, a small market town in northeastern Lebanon where the Khouris are staying. "They won't even open their door for journalists," said another person, who had contacted the family on behalf of a non-governmental organization.

Somehow, though, the interview was arranged in the end. Reserved and halting, the women described what happened to their husbands, brothers and nephews back in their hometown of Qusayr in Syria. They were killed by Syrian rebel fighters, the women said -- murdered because they were Christians, people who in the eyes of radical Islamist freedom fighters have no place in the new Syria.

In the past year and a half, since the beginning of the uprising against Syria's authoritarian President Bashar Assad, hundreds of thousands of Syrians have fled their homes and sought safe haven abroad. Inside the country, the United Nations estimates that 1 million people have left their homes to escape violence and are now internally displaced. The majority are likely to have fled to escape the brutality of Assad's troops. Indeed, as was the case at the start of the Syrian civil war, most of the violence is still being perpetrated by the army, the secret services and groups of thugs steered by the state.

Full Article - Der Spiegel

Seems to be biased in a very anti-Assad way, though.
2012 Jul 27 18:28
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 2 users Like Peasant's post:
Dussander (27-07-2012), Osweo (29-07-2012)
Peasant
Banned

England

Meanwhile in France...
[Image: xdfjf8.jpg]
2012 Jul 27 18:39
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 2 users Like Peasant's post:
Bullseye
Roman Fan

Deutschland

The FSA terrorists Rebells uses child soldiers for the Fightings....:

[Image: Kinder.PNG]

[Image: kinder2.PNG]

The Video has been removed from Live Leak, but I think we will found those Videos by searching. You find nothing about that in the German Media.

[Image: kinder3.PNG]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v9k3dlr99o
2012 Jul 27 19:31
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 4 users Like Bullseye's post:
Aptrgangr (29-07-2012), Cinnamon (28-07-2012), Dussander (27-07-2012), Osweo (29-07-2012)
Cinnamon
Destroyer of the One Ring.

Deutschland

(2012 Jul 27 19:31)Bulleye Wrote:  The FSA terrorists Rebells uses child soldiers for the Fightings....:

[Image: Kinder.PNG]

[Image: kinder2.PNG]

The Video has been removed from Live Leak, but I think we will found those Videos by searching. You find nothing about that in the German Media.

[Image: kinder3.PNG]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v9k3dlr99o

It could be seen that this "democrats" are very friendly and kind people, who never would harm any person and who are very good allies for christian countries and for free societies.
2012 Jul 27 19:40
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 2 users Like Cinnamon's post:
Cinnamon

Deutschland

(2012 Jul 27 18:39)Peasant Wrote:  Meanwhile in France...
[Image: xdfjf8.jpg]

Under the Eiffeltower the FSA flag? This appears like a sacrileg against the french nation.
2012 Jul 27 19:47
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 1 user Likes Cinnamon's post:
Dussander (27-07-2012)
Peasant
Banned

England

Not really, the French have been integral to the West's efforts to export 'democracy'. Vive la Révolution! ;)
2012 Jul 28 09:22
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Cinnamon

Deutschland

(2012 Jul 28 09:22)Peasant Wrote:  Not really, the French have been integral to the West's efforts to export 'democracy'. Vive la Révolution! ;)

Only the french government, not the french people. I think that the french people is against this export of democracy (I see now first, that democracy is very close to the word crazy ;)) because they must see what the rebels in Syria are doing.
2012 Jul 28 10:50
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Aptrgangr
Nulla crux, nulla corona
Supervision

Deutschland

"The secret to happiness is freedom... And the secret to freedom is courage."
Thucydides

“My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right.” Carl Schurz

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms."
Aristotle

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must." Thucydides
2012 Jul 29 14:59
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 6 users Like Aptrgangr's post:
Cinnamon (29-07-2012), Dussander (29-07-2012), Mustapaita (29-07-2012), Osweo (29-07-2012), Peasant (29-07-2012), Ville (29-07-2012)