Greece debt crisis: Eurozone refuses bailout extension
Aptrgangr
Nulla crux, nulla corona
Supervision

Deutschland

RE: Greece debt crisis: Eurozone refuses bailout extension
Greece news live: 'Crucified' Tsipras capitulates to draconian measures after 17 hours of late night talks

Prime minister Tsipras forced to concede to toughest measures ever imposed on eurozone economy in return for opening talks on a new rescue package worth €86bn

• Deal to start further talks agreed after 17-hour negotiations
• Government will have to pass raft laws through parliament Weds
• "Crucified" Tsipras concedes to measures to privatise assets and have external monitors in country
• ECB leaves ELA unchanged
• AEP Greece is being treated like a hostile occupied state
• Full agreement text
• Greece deal explained: Who blinked?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/econo...talks.html

Britain May Face £1bn Bill For Greek Rescue
Chancellor George Osborne would "resist fiercely" any sizeable UK contribution, Sky sources say

http://news.sky.com/story/1518285/britai...eek-rescue

Dutch PM: I'll break election promise with Greece deal
By EUOBSERVER

Dutch PM: I'll break election promise with Greece deal

Dutch PM Rutte, who during the 2012 election campaign said the Netherlands would provide "no more money to Greece", on Monday said he can't keep that election promise. "I will break that promise. ... I don't like it", he said, adding that he did not foresee the current situation. (...)
https://euobserver.com/tickers/129622

"The secret to happiness is freedom... And the secret to freedom is courage."
Thucydides

“My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right.” Carl Schurz

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms."
Aristotle

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must." Thucydides
2015 Jul 13 19:41
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 1 user Likes Aptrgangr's post:
Aemma (16-07-2015)
Aptrgangr
Nulla crux, nulla corona
Supervision

Deutschland

Exclusive: Greece needs debt relief far beyond EU plans - Secret IMF report

Greece will need far bigger debt relief than euro zone partners have been prepared to envisage so far due to the devastation of its economy and banks in the last two weeks, a confidential study by the International Monetary Fund seen by Reuters shows.

The updated debt sustainability analysis (DSA) was sent to euro zone governments late on Monday, hours after Athens and its 18 partners agreed in principle to open negotiations on a third bailout program of up to 86 billion euros in return for tougher austerity measures and structural reforms. (...)

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/07/1...ce=twitter

Influential economists and industrialists were ordered to preserve Nazi power by creating European common market, documents show
http://investmentwatchblog.com/influenti...ents-show/

Thucydides

“My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right.” Carl Schurz

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms."
Aristotle

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must." Thucydides
2015 Jul 14 18:10
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 2 users Like Aptrgangr's post:
Aemma (16-07-2015), Dussander (14-07-2015)
Mustapaita
Tulkoon sota ja veriset vaatteet

Suomi

This Greek thing is a gordian knot for the eurocrats. Let Greece go from the eurozone and the euro's credibility is at stake. Let Greece stay, and the euro's credibility is at stake.

I guess they will use the Greek crisis to push for further political and economic integration.

"Devil, I am devil." ― Pekka Siitoin
2015 Jul 15 13:30
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 2 users Like Mustapaita's post:
Aemma (16-07-2015), Dussander (15-07-2015)
Aptrgangr
Nulla crux, nulla corona
Supervision

Deutschland

Greece debt crisis: Eurozone deal laws backed by MPs

Greek MPs have approved tough economic measures required to enable an €86bn eurozone bailout deal to go ahead.

The new legislation includes tax rises and an increase in the retirement age.
Ahead of the vote, protesters threw petrol bombs at police during an anti-austerity protest close to parliament, and police responded with tear gas.
Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras had said he did not believe in the deal, but nonetheless urged MPs to agree to the measures. (...)

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-33535205

Thucydides

Aristotle

2015 Jul 16 00:42
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 1 user Likes Aptrgangr's post:
Aemma (16-07-2015)
Aptrgangr
Nulla crux, nulla corona
Supervision

Deutschland

Greece made the wrong choice

By John Lloyd July 17, 2015

Former Greek Finance Minister Yanis Varoufakis has, as Macbeth put it, “strutted and fretted his hour upon the stage.” But he will still be heard some more.

While Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras pleaded for support Wednesday for a European Union “rescue” plan in which he said he didn’t believe, Varoufakis was busy ripping it apart. In a widely circulated blog, Varoufakis boiled down his belief to this: Greece had been reduced to the status of a slave state.

While his words were clearly driven by anger and spite, he’s not entirely out of line. The agreement is, as Tsipras said, a kind of blackmail. The economist Simon Tilford described it as an order to “acquiesce to all our demands or we will evict you from the currency union.” Pensions will be cut further, labor markets liberalized, working lives extended, collective bargaining “modernized,” and hiring and firing made easier. For a government that takes its inspiration from Karl Marx, this is a neo-liberal dousing. (...)

http://blogs.reuters.com/great-debate/20...ng-choice/

Thucydides

Aristotle

2015 Jul 18 22:07
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 2 users Like Aptrgangr's post:
Dussander (18-07-2015), Gamera (19-07-2015)
Aptrgangr
Nulla crux, nulla corona
Supervision

Deutschland

Greek bailout: Alexis Tsipras steps down to trigger new elections

Prime minister announces his resignation and paves way for general election, with 20 September predicted as most likely date for a poll

Seven months after he was elected on a promise to overturn austerity, the Greek prime minister, Alexis Tsipras, has announced that he is stepping down to pave the way for snap elections next month. As the debt-crippled country received the first tranche of a punishing new €86bn (£61bn) bailout, Tsipras said on Thursday he felt “a moral obligation to place this deal in front of the people, to allow them to judge … both what I have achieved, and my mistakes”.

The 41-year-old Greek leader is still popular with voters for having at least tried to stand up to the country’s creditors, and his leftwing Syriza party is likely to be returned to power in the imminent general election, which government officials told Greek media was most likely to take place on 20 September. (...)

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/au...-elections

Thucydides

Aristotle

2015 Aug 21 01:24
Like PostLIKE REPLY