Bundeswehr 'needs wealthy southerners too'
Aptrgangr
Nulla crux, nulla corona
Supervision

Deutschland

Published: 29 May 12 10:45 CET

The German army needs recruits from wealthy southern areas of the country as well as the poorer, eastern regions, the country’s defence minister said at the weekend.

[Image: 42813.jpg]

"We need the most suitable and the best candidates, regardless of where they come from," Thomas de Maizière told the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung newspaper on Sunday.

"At the same time, I also am telling the southern states that their percentage of recruits should be higher, based on percentage of the population."

The defence minister also responded to the impression that it is easier for the Bundeswehr to find young men and women ready to sign up in eastern Germany because of higher unemployment levels there. He said this had been the case in the past but that there had been a "narrowing of the gap” in recent years.

The Bundeswehr has depended on voluntary military recruits since compulsory military service was abolished last year.

Around 45,000 young people need to apply each year to become temporary or career soldiers in order to keep numbers up, de Maizière estimates.

"That is an ambitious figure, but possible," he says.

Meanwhile, the Mitteldeutsche Zeitung reported on Tuesday that the federal commissioner for Eastern German affairs, Christoph Bergner, of the Christian Democratic Union (CDU), and several eastern German CDU members of parliament had blocked a proposal for staff reductions in a military reform bill.

They reportedly opposed elements of the bill which were viewed as being disadvantageous to former members of the NVA, or the National People's Army of the German Democratic Republic (GDR), in which they weren't offered the same access to their military pensions as career Bundeswehr soldiers.

Bergner told the Mitteldeutsche Zeitung: "That is not okay. It can't be that people with the same biographies are not treated the same. This injustice is not acceptable. That is why we intervened."

The bill has been sent back to the defence committee of the Bundestag for review. A spokesperson for the defence ministry said the proposed law applies to about 6,200 soldiers and 3,000 civil servants. Bergner estimated the affected number of former NVA soldiers to be about 1,500.

As a result of the military reform, the number of soldiers and military civil servants is expected to drop dramatically to a future force of 170,000 career and enlisted soldiers, with an additional 5,000 volunteers. The number of civil servants working for the Bundeswehr is expected to drop from 76,000 to 55,000.

http://www.thelocal.de/society/20120529-42813.html

And I hope even less Germans from the south become mercenaries for foreign interests. Like the Jewish professor Wolffsohn already whined about - the Bundeswehr becoming an army consisting of easterner low class men - is true.
http://www.welt.de/debatte/kommentare/ar...igung.html

"The secret to happiness is freedom... And the secret to freedom is courage."
Thucydides

“My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right.” Carl Schurz

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms."
Aristotle

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must." Thucydides
2012 May 29 22:02
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 4 users Like Aptrgangr's post:
Osweo (30-05-2012), Peasant (30-05-2012), Pohjatuuli (04-06-2012), Ville (29-05-2012)
Peasant
Banned

England

RE: Bundeswehr 'needs wealthy southerners too'
The more wealthier you are, the better your prospects, the less you want to become reserve cannon fodder for global capitalism. Unless you are blinded by 'patriotism'.
2012 May 30 09:43
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 3 users Like Peasant's post:
Albion (09-09-2012), Osweo (30-05-2012), Skandi (30-05-2012)
Imperivm

England

Well, if you're somebody like me a career in the forces is a possible path. Especially if you have a degree you will get fast tracked and will be earning over 35k within a few years. I very much doubt I'll be able to achieve that in a civilian job.
2012 May 30 12:31
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 1 user Likes Imperivm's post:
Albion (09-09-2012)
Heretik
Away
Rotationseuropäer
Supervision

Hrvatska

(2012 May 30 12:31)Imperivm Wrote:  Well, if you're somebody like me a career in the forces is a possible path. Especially if you have a degree you will get fast tracked and will be earning over 35k within a few years. I very much doubt I'll be able to achieve that in a civilian job.

Nobody chooses military career because of money. ;)
2012 May 31 18:27
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 3 users Like Heretik's post:
Albion (09-09-2012), Aptrgangr (31-05-2012), Dussander (31-05-2012)
Aptrgangr
Nulla crux, nulla corona
Supervision

Deutschland

Well today's military no longer has anything to do with serving the own country, it is a modern, well-equipped milticulti mercenary organization - the only strange thing is they still fly those flags etc rather than patches from their sponsors such as Exxon or EADS...

[Image: bwunserebundeswehr.jpg]

[Image: bundeswehrwerbungfreiwi.jpg]

Thucydides

“My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right.” Carl Schurz

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms."
Aristotle

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must." Thucydides
2012 Jun 03 11:28
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 4 users Like Aptrgangr's post:
Osweo (03-06-2012), Peasant (03-06-2012), Pohjatuuli (04-06-2012), Temnozor (03-06-2012)
Aptrgangr
Nulla crux, nulla corona
Supervision

Deutschland

Swedish army to jobless immigrants: we want you

[Image: 41148.jpg]

The Swedish Armed Forces is hoping the prospect of free food and lodging will help entice young, unemployed immigrants to join the military as part of an effort to increase diversity.

The military is offering ten weeks living like a conscript on a military base with free food and lodging, as well as the possibility to complete a high school degree as part of an effort to boost enlistment and diversity within the ranks of the Swedish Armed Forces (Försvarsmakten).

"I sort of want to get away from the daily grind. And I'm also somewhat interested in the military," Tatiana Caicedo, 21, who has parents from Colombia and England, told the TT news agency.

The goal is to attract 500 participants in a new labour policy programme which is being carried out in cooperation with Sweden's National Public Employment Agency (Arbetsförmedlingen).

Plans call for half of the new "recruits" to be men, and half women.

"The partnership is unique," the employment agency's Soledad Grafeuille told TT.

The idea is to target unemployed youth with immigrant backgrounds and have them spend ten weeks in the autumn and winter living at military bases across the country.

They would spend half their time becoming familiarized with the Swedish military and half their time working to complete their high school degrees.

After ten weeks, the participants would have the option of applying to basic military training in order to obtain a job within the Armed Forces.

Grafeuille emphasized that the programme is totally voluntary and can be abandoned at any point without the risk of penalties.

http://www.thelocal.se/41148/20120530/

If this leads to less dead Swedes in Afghanistan etc. - why not?

[Image: swedjohanpalmlovgunnara.jpg]

[Image: swedenmoor.jpg]

[Image: swedenshatilasalami.jpg]

Thucydides

Aristotle

2012 Jun 03 22:22
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 3 users Like Aptrgangr's post:
Albion (09-09-2012), Peasant (04-06-2012), Pohjatuuli (04-06-2012)
Pohjatuuli

Suomi

Jesus Christ, I never realised how bad things have gone in both the German and the Swedish army since they officially ended conscription sad The rapidity of this transformation is especially shocking, although if I recall it correctly then neither of them have really had a de facto conscription system for a long time (correct me if I'm wrong)

It's even more painful to watch this when you know that Finland is going to follow the exact same footsteps, sooner or later. Open borders and mass immigration, the army becoming a mercenary group of foreigners and lower-class people that fights for only foreign interests: the rest you can read with any book dealing with the decline of the Roman Empire. Historians have the saying "history repeats itself" for a reason...

"The New European Nationalism will be sexy, sassy, outrageous and glamorous. It will be the most alluring form of rebellion and our young people will love it. The New European Nationalism will be violent, brutal, fanatic and macabre and our young people will love it even more!"
-Kai Murros
2012 Jun 04 00:10
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 3 users Like Pohjatuuli's post:
Albion (09-09-2012), Aptrgangr (04-06-2012), Unurautare (04-06-2012)
Unurautare

România

Importing Somali pirates and then arming them? nothing bad can come out of that. Tongue
2012 Jun 04 12:56
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 1 user Likes Unurautare's post:
Albion (09-09-2012)
Aptrgangr
Nulla crux, nulla corona
Supervision

Deutschland

East German soldiers dying more than West

Published: 1 Jul 12 13:40 CET

A disproportionate number of German soldiers killed in Afghanistan come from eastern Germany or immigrant backgrounds, according to a newspaper report.

Nine of the 25 soliders - more than a third - killed in the conflict since summer 2008 came from the former East, according to an article in the Bild newspaper on Friday. East Germans make up 20 percent of the overall German population.

An additional six of those killed were immigrants to Germany with German ancestory - from Poland, Russia and former Soviet republics. Taken together, the group of East German and immigrant soldiers make up more than 50 percent of those killed.

"The figures show that the majority of young people from weaker economic regions or social levels carry the dangerous burden of our foreign troops," Bundeswehr expert Michael Wolffsohn told Bild.

In May, German Minister of Defence Thomas de Maizière admitted that in the past is has been easier for the Bundeswehr to find young men and women ready to sign up in eastern Germany because of higher unemployment levels there, but spoke of a "narrowing of the gap" in recent years.

The Bundeswehr has depended on voluntary military recruits since compulsory military service was abolished last year.

Around 45,000 young people need to apply each year to become temporary or career soldiers in order to keep numbers up, de Maizière estimated.

"We have to make sure the burden is fairly split between East and West, especially in a fighting unit," Conservative politician Michael Kretschmer told the paper.

http://www.thelocal.de/national/20120701-43485.html

Who else than guys from poorer regions possibly would join the army? It has no longer anything to do with defendeing the fatherland anyway, so we have to speak about those enlisting as mercenaries, since they are "just doing a job".

IQ distribution - red highest IQ - white lowest IQ among recruits - that also might explain why so many from Eastern Germany join Bundeswehr...

[Image: 01324915934001.jpg]

Thucydides

Aristotle

2012 Jul 01 20:26
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Phlegethon
Factionist of the forlorn

Deutschland

It has been almost exactly 20 years since I left the army after my conscription service. Back then I noticed not a single non-white (or non-Christian) in all the barracks I did service in. Same was true for my high school when I graduated. There were a handful of foreigners among the 850 or so pupils. Today that school has only around 400 pupils and is 70% ethnic minority.

The sooner the whole country goes to hell the better. There is no legislative way out of this mess anyway. Things will get bloody soon, especially after the Euro collapse and mass pauperization.

Not in haunts of marble chill,
Temples drear where ancients trod,—
Nay, in oaks on woody hill
Lives and moves the German God.

2012 Jul 01 21:02
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 2 users Like Phlegethon's post:
Erwann (02-07-2012), Sinimusta (12-10-2012)