Trump the Disrupter
Artturi
Illiberal Arts Professor

Suomi

RE: Trump the Disrupter
(2015 Nov 17 19:14)Blackthorne Wrote:  I don’t know what ‘s going on with this man.

Some could say that of you, Mr. Trump. ;)

So who actually are
(2015 Nov 17 19:14)Blackthorne Wrote:  Did he say that the Russians should take care of ISIS a few weeks ago?

Obviously anyone doing something to supress ISIS is good for everyone, and on that Trump was right. Yet he is a devil with a silver tongue, I give him that. A Reagan with less morality and charisma, but nevertheless quite stage presence. Probably also the most capable leader of all canditates because of his experience in managing a vast fortune in a cutthroat industry. Maybe. Rolleyes

Are there any good canditate outside of Trump and Carson? I find them both far less than ideal, since America needs moral leaders first and foremost. Could Rand Paul be the right man for the job?
2015 Nov 17 19:39
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Blackthorne

England

Quote:Are there any good canditate outside of Trump and Carson? I find them both far less than ideal, since America needs moral leaders first and foremost. Could Rand Paul be the right man for the job?

I'm wondering about the possibilities of Paul or Cruz when the Trump Hot Air Balloon runs out of gas and when Carson burns through all of his cash. Cruz especially makes the RINOs and neo-cons nervous- they're scared of Trump but he's not as big of an ideological threat to them as is Cruz. LOL

You goddamn communist heathen, you had best sound off that you love the Virgin Mary... or I'm gonna stomp your guts out!
2015 Nov 17 19:46
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 1 user Likes Blackthorne's post:
Artturi (17-11-2015)
Osweo

England

(2015 Nov 17 19:46)Blackthorne Wrote:  I'm wondering about the possibilities of Paul or Cruz when the Trump Hot Air Balloon runs out of gas and when Carson burns through all of his cash.
I think you seriously misunderestimate Trump here. He hasn't got where he is by being the fool you're portraying him as. All of his supposed "gaffes" have been delivered at perfect timing and capitalised on ruthlessly and efficiently. This is a master at work.

Paul is by far the best candidate, almost as good as his father would have been, but he's not going to win, because the electorate are too stupid to appreciate what they have in that family.

"And now if a whole nation fell into that? In such a case, I answer, infallibly they will return out of it. For life is no cunningly-devised deception or self deception, it is a great truth that thou art alive, that thou hast desires, necessities: neither can these subsist and satisfy themselves on delusions, but on fact. To fact, depend on it, we shall come back: to such fact, blessed or cursed, as we have wisdom for."
Thomas Carlyle
2015 Nov 17 21:40
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 1 user Likes Osweo's post:
Temnozor (17-11-2015)
Blackthorne

England

(2015 Nov 17 21:40)Osweo Wrote:  I think you seriously misunderestimate Trump here. He hasn't got where he is by being the fool you're portraying him as. All of his supposed "gaffes" have been delivered at perfect timing and capitalised on ruthlessly and efficiently. This is a master at work.

He's not a fool but he is a master of reading public opinion- and after the Parisian Massacre plenty of Americans are gunning for a fight with the ISIS bastards even though the attacks didn't take place in the U.S. I was merely juxtaposing his current comments about bombing the hell out of ISIS with the comments he made about letting Putin do that from a few weeks ago- in other words, rather than remaining consistent about being noncommittal in Syria, he seems to be shifting with the tide of public opinion and outrage. This is typical American political PR- say one thing and then, at a later time, say something contradictory to the initial statement. Hmm...

Quote:Paul is by far the best candidate, almost as good as his father would have been, but he's not going to win, because the electorate are too stupid to appreciate what they have in that family.

Agreed- Rand Paul is a chip off the old block.

You goddamn communist heathen, you had best sound off that you love the Virgin Mary... or I'm gonna stomp your guts out!
2015 Nov 17 21:45
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 2 users Like Blackthorne's post:
Artturi (18-11-2015), Temnozor (17-11-2015)
Temnozor
Kornilov did nothing wrong
Supervision

Россия

(2015 Nov 17 21:45)Blackthorne Wrote:  in other words, rather than remaining consistent about being noncommittal in Syria, he seems to be shifting with the tide of public opinion and outrage.

I don't think that his original plan involved complete noninterference. I remember him saying previously that he simply would bring the fight against ISIS to a quicker and ultimate end, bombing their oil wells and then using the US airpower gloves off to utterly obliterate them. He was also talking about blocking their funding via the banking system.

' Wrote:Agreed- Rand Paul is a chip off the old block.

He doesn't really hold a candle to his father, though. Ron Paul is Best Paul.

"Whoever says that he "belongs to his time" is only saying that he agrees with the largest number of fools at that moment." - Nicolás Gómez Dávila

[Image: ecc9v9ru.jpg]
2015 Nov 17 21:59
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 1 user Likes Temnozor's post:
Artturi (18-11-2015)
Blackthorne

England

(2015 Nov 17 21:59)Temnozor Wrote:  I don't think that his original plan involved complete noninterference. I remember him saying previously that he simply would bring the fight against ISIS to a quicker and ultimate end, bombing their oil wells and then using the US airpower gloves off to utterly obliterate them. He was also talking about blocking their funding via the banking system.

Given that the petrodollar is still the de-facto global currency I don't think anyone will be bombing any oil wells anytime soon. Big Grin

Quote:He doesn't really hold a candle to his father, though. Ron Paul is Best Paul.

Sigh.. What a glory it would've been to live under the American People's Republic of Glorious Leader Dr. Ron Paul. cry

2015 Nov 17 22:18
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Blackthorne

England

'Donald Trump's Trump Card and reasons why he will be the next president'

Donald Trump is a man you either love or hate, depending on your views of how the country should be run. Regardless of how people feel about the man and his commentary, there are some compelling reasons to believe he will become the next president of the United States.

LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) - Donald Trump is one of the wealthiest men in America, so wealthy it is believed he can finance his own campaign and not lose a wink of sleep over the expenditure. He is also an intelligent man who knows how to create a media stir, then turn that to his advantage. Despite public outrage and sanction, Trump continues to surge in the polls. Here are the reasons why he will become the next president.

1. Trump is a media genius

Trump is a media genius. From his time as host of The Apprentice, a show where he unceremoniously fired people who failed his expectations, even slightly, to his most recent comments about illegal immigration and John McCain, Trump knows how to whip the media into a frenzy.

His comments regarding illegal immigration have given him the most traction, inspiring Tea Party conservatives to rally behind his call for border security. Although those comments have sparked both outcry and backlash, Trump has used the subsequent media attention to his advantage, taking the time to speak about other issues, and to connect with voters on a wider range of topics.

His remarks about John McCain have sparked a furious backlash from the Republican establishment, but not from rank-and-file voters. Trump remains in the lead in the polls.

2. Trump is abrasive, but refreshing

Trump is well known as a real estate mogul, but he is also an expert when it comes to media. He knows how to get attention and ratings and this will play to his advantage. When's the last time a candidate entertained you as well as educated you? Probably not since Ross Perot in 1991.

Trump is a very smart man. You don't build a multi-billion empire with clever lines and antics. Although his opponents like to spin him as a bombastic buffoon, Trump is almost certainly playing his critics to his advantage. Like any shrewd negotiator, Trump is portraying himself as weak and gaffe-prone, when actually his moves are likely calculated.

How else can you explain his doubling down on these gaffes, restating them in even harsher terms after being called on them? This was most evident with his criticism of McCain's capture in Vietnam. While most consider the comment beyond the pale, it remains largely unpunished by voters who find his candor refreshing.

3. Trump is well supported by a private staff, personal fortune

Supported by a legion of professional staffers, Trump knows what he is doing. There's an excellent chance he knows more about his opponents than they realize. The qualities that made him a fortune in real estate are showing though early in the race. How else can one explain a surge in the polls following a gaffe? When is a gaffe not a gaffe? When it's planned and it works perfectly.

Trump isn't beholden to anybody. Part of Trump's appeal is his independent streak, which comes from his inherent wealth. Trump needs no supporters to donate to him, and he won't be a bought politician like the other candidates. This means he can speak his mind without having to check with handlers or worry about losing the support of a potential donor because he takes a controversial stance. This independence is refreshing, because it is rare and it makes Trump stand out against the herd of lobby-fed politicos.

4. Trump is right

Trump is right. Illegal immigrants are impacting the nation adversely. Indeed, how can these people help when their first act upon entering the nation is to violate its laws? While many who enter the country illegally do not commit subsequent crimes, this does not justify their trespass.

Every nation has a right to secure its own borders. Try illegally immigrating to any nation outside of Western Europe and watch what happens to you. In many cases, you will be imprisoned, and in a few cases, your life could be in jeopardy. In an age where security is paramount, we deserve secure borders in exchange for our tax dollars.

And it isn't just illegal immigration, Trump is also right about other issues facing the nation. Most importantly, his positions resonate with Main Street Americans, meaning his trajectory in the polls is nothing but up.

The Trump Card

The Republicans will welcome a Trump candidacy, or else. Trump has the money, the power and the message that he will be a strong contender no matter what happens. Most critically, if Trump doesn't win the Republican primary, he has a nuclear option available to him. Trump has the ability to support his own independent run for office, and if that happens, he will split the conservative vote, assuring that Hillary Clinton wins the Oval Office. Knowing this, the Republican leadership will have little choice but to either close ranks behind the independent-minded mogul, or sit and watch Clinton sail into the White House.

http://www.catholic.org/news/politics/st...p?id=62267

I don't know.. Something tells me the RINOs would prefer Hillary before Trump in the White House.

2015 Nov 20 20:28
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 3 users Like Blackthorne's post:
Alfaro (20-11-2015), Artturi (20-11-2015), Osweo (20-11-2015)
Blackthorne

England

Trump vows 'Donaldcare,' not 'Obamacare'

Donald Trump, the front-runner Republican candidate for president, vowed in San Pedro, California, remarks to replace Obamacare with a free-market system of health care he’s already dubbed “Donaldcare.”

“We’re not going to have the false lines,” he said, to a Breitbart reporter while aboard the USS Iowa. “We’re going to have privatization. It’s going to end up being absolutely great.”

Trump was blunt about his plans for Obamacare – simply, to give it the boot.

“We’re going to get rid of Obamacare,” he told Breitbart, on the heels of a speech to Veterans for a Strong America. “We’re going to [do] something really spectacular with that [health care, along with] immigration, with the armed forces.”

Trump’s promise for Obamacare would bring to fruition what a long line of campaigning and elected Republican politicians have vowed they’d do for years now. The repeal of Obamacare was a mantra that swept a majority of Republicans into both the House and Senate, but so far, attempts to repeal or defund the health-care program have fallen flat.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2015/09/donald-trump-...cQB2ddT.99

Would Donaldcare include free hairplugs?

2015 Nov 20 21:32
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 2 users Like Blackthorne's post:
Artturi (20-11-2015), W. R. (20-11-2015)
Blackthorne

England

'How media smeared Donald Trump as Nazi'

(Breitbart) A story is making the rounds on Facebook that claims Republican frontrunner Donald Trump is calling for “ID badges” for American Muslims. The image on the story is of Jewish children wearing yellow stars during the Holocaust. Very frightening–and a lie.

Step 1: Seed. The lie begins with a Yahoo! profile in which Trump is asked, supposedly (the reporter does not provide his exact question), if he would “require registering Muslims in a database or giving them a form of special identification that noted their religion.”

Trump does not say yes or no. Instead, he dodges the question, and comes back to the question of monitoring mosques (which the U.S. has done in the past): “We’re going to have to–we’re going to have to look at a lot of things very closely,” Trump said when presented with the idea. “We’re going to have to look at the mosques. We’re going to have to look very, very carefully.”

The Yahoo! reporter, Hunter Walker (a hater of note), construes Trump’s answer as follows: “He wouldn’t rule it out...”

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2015/11/how-media-sme...ZbEox6D.99

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/...as-a-nazi/

2015 Nov 20 21:58
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 3 users Like Blackthorne's post:
Aptrgangr (22-11-2015), Artturi (20-11-2015), W. R. (21-11-2015)
Aptrgangr
Nulla crux, nulla corona
Supervision

Deutschland

CNN Caught Selectively-Editing Trump’s ‘Muslim’ Comments

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/...-comments/

"The secret to happiness is freedom... And the secret to freedom is courage."
Thucydides

“My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right.” Carl Schurz

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms."
Aristotle

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must." Thucydides
2015 Nov 22 01:01
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 2 users Like Aptrgangr's post:
Artturi (22-11-2015), Blackthorne (22-11-2015)