Increasing dependency to suppress nationalism – lessons from the past.
Aptrgangr
Nulla crux, nulla corona
Supervision

Deutschland

Raibeart MacPhàrlain

When India gained its independence in 1947 it was commonly referred to as the ‘Jewel’ of the British Empire. But whilst the journey that this nation underwent to gain its independence was shorter than that of Scotland’s (as yet incomplete), there are arguably some parallels to be drawn from this countries experiences of colonial control and Scotland’s ever growing nationalist support and resentment with Westminster rule.

When I researched into the Indian experience of British control, I quickly identified some commonality with the Scottish experience from my own memory or knowledge. There were various aspects of the Indian journey to independence which saw notable decline when comparing it to before colonial rule. Some of these included: (...)

http://www.thescottishindependent.com/in...-the-past/

"The secret to happiness is freedom... And the secret to freedom is courage."
Thucydides

“My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right.” Carl Schurz

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms."
Aristotle

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must." Thucydides
2015 Aug 16 19:52
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 1 user Likes Aptrgangr's post:
Zephyr (23-07-2018)