Migrants from Eastern Ukraine Put Pressure on Belarus
Kat

Suomi

RE: Migrants from Eastern Ukraine Put Pressure on Belarus
(2015 Aug 31 14:48)Mustapaita Wrote:  
(2015 Aug 30 21:32)Kat Wrote:  Or, to save time, instead of fancy lingerie, she got civil war, chaos, shafted by the West's false promises, and is now seeking work in evil enemy Russia...

All she got was a cynical Russian proxy war instead.

Just to clarify, the quote above about lingerie is Osweo's not mine.

The problems for many citizens in the Soviet Union were to have to live one family in one room, sharing kitchen and bathroom with other families, no hot water in the summers or maybe not at all, using the balcony as refrigerator in the winters etc.
2015 Sep 02 20:22
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Temnozor
Kornilov did nothing wrong
Supervision

Россия

(2015 Sep 02 20:22)Kat Wrote:  The problems for many citizens in the Soviet Union were to have to live one family in one room, sharing kitchen and bathroom with other families, no hot water in the summers or maybe not at all, using the balcony as refrigerator in the winters etc.

You surely know a lot about life in the Soviet Union. Rolleyes

"Whoever says that he "belongs to his time" is only saying that he agrees with the largest number of fools at that moment." - Nicolás Gómez Dávila

[Image: ecc9v9ru.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 2017 Jun 26 23:13 by Temnozor.)
2015 Sep 02 20:35
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 1 user Likes Temnozor's post:
Osweo (02-09-2015)
Osweo

England

Might as well repeat here that all my friend's families in Russia had fridges and cars before mine in England...

And even the worst kommunalka was at least a guaranteed roof over your head. My mother tells loads of stories of how her parents would wake her up early out of the blue to go to another house, to escape the rentman...

"And now if a whole nation fell into that? In such a case, I answer, infallibly they will return out of it. For life is no cunningly-devised deception or self deception, it is a great truth that thou art alive, that thou hast desires, necessities: neither can these subsist and satisfy themselves on delusions, but on fact. To fact, depend on it, we shall come back: to such fact, blessed or cursed, as we have wisdom for."
Thomas Carlyle
2015 Sep 02 21:15
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 3 users Like Osweo's post:
Aptrgangr (27-06-2017), Artturi (26-06-2017), Surtr Kvlt (02-09-2015)
W. R.
cannibalish chauvinist

Беларусь

(2015 Aug 23 22:28)Temnozor Wrote:  Public order almost on a par with Japan

According to Numbeo (“the world’s largest database of user-contributed data about cities and countries worldwide”) this year Belarus has made its way to Top 10 of the safest countries in the world (ranked 10th). Japan is 8th.

https://www.numbeo.com/crime/rankings_by_country.jsp

I hope one day we overtake the glorious Yamato race. It would be awesome, desu. ^__^

[...] just as it is not left unto us to choose our ancestors, so we may not choose our nation; we can only fulfil, or not fulfil, the obligations that come from being a member of our people’.
© Dr. Jan Stankievič ‘From the History of Belarus’

[Image: now.jpg]
2017 Jun 25 22:57
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 4 users Like W. R.'s post:
Aptrgangr (27-06-2017), Artturi (26-06-2017), Osweo (26-06-2017), Temnozor (26-06-2017)
Temnozor
Kornilov did nothing wrong
Supervision

Россия

(2017 Jun 25 22:57)W. R. Wrote:  According to Numbeo (“the world’s largest database of user-contributed data about cities and countries worldwide”) this year Belarus has made its way to Top 10 of the safest countries in the world (ranked 10th). Japan is 8th.

https://www.numbeo.com/crime/rankings_by_country.jsp

I hope one day we overtake the glorious Yamato race. It would be awesome, desu. ^__^

That's cool, though unsurprising. I was wrong about a lot of things concerning glorious Belarus before I actually moved here, but the order and cleanliness is truly outstanding. I wonder whether that's because of the national culture or the semi-authoritarian administration – or both?

"Whoever says that he "belongs to his time" is only saying that he agrees with the largest number of fools at that moment." - Nicolás Gómez Dávila

[Image: ecc9v9ru.jpg]
2017 Jun 26 23:19
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 3 users Like Temnozor's post:
Aptrgangr (27-06-2017), Artturi (27-06-2017), W. R. (27-06-2017)