Icelanders Want to Welcome Refugees, PM Responds
Aptrgangr
Nulla crux, nulla corona
Supervision

Deutschland

BY EYGLÓ SVALA ARNARSDÓTTIR POLITICS about 8 hours agoUpdated: August 31, 2015 15:38

Prime Minister of Iceland Sigmundur Davíð Gunnlaugsson is planning to appoint a committee of ministers to discuss the growing pressure from Icelanders, politicians and the public, on the government to accept more than 50 refugees.

“I assume that during Tuesday’s cabinet meeting I will propose the establishment of a special committee of ministers to discuss the problem and evaluate how Icelanders can respond, how we can contribute as much as possible,” Sigmundur told RÚV.

“It has been our goal in international politics to be of help in as many areas as possible and this is one of the areas where the need is most right now,” Sigmundur added.

He wouldn’t say anything about how many people Iceland can accept but stated that the 5,000 refugees petitioners on Facebook have been calling for is unrealistic. “I believe there is solidarity on that we should do more to respond to the problem, we just have to find out the best way to do it.”

A great number of people have sent open letters to Minister of Social Affairs Eygló Harðardóttir offering to assist refugees after she called for help from the public yesterday. (...)

http://icelandreview.com/news/2015/08/31...m-responds

http://www.zeit.de/news/2015-08/31/islan...n-31172602

"The secret to happiness is freedom... And the secret to freedom is courage."
Thucydides

“My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right.” Carl Schurz

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms."
Aristotle

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must." Thucydides
2015 Aug 31 18:19
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Blackthorne

England

RE: Icelanders Want to Welcome Refugees, PM Responds
Be prepared to kiss your ass goodbye Iceland.

You goddamn communist heathen, you had best sound off that you love the Virgin Mary... or I'm gonna stomp your guts out!
2015 Sep 01 03:26
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Godyfa
Daughter of Yorkshire

England

Apparently Iceland has 10,000 people willing to take in migrants, in a country of under 300,000. That's equivalent to a couple million in Britain, Germany, France...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnew...-call.html
2015 Sep 01 09:42
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 2 users Like Godyfa's post:
Albion (12-06-2017), Surtr Kvlt (01-09-2015)
Abreodan

England

How long will the migrants be housed by these cucks till they out stay their welcome? Will the government then have to re-house them at the expense of the tax payers purse? Will the migrants be receiving benefits whilst living with these cucks, or will the households be providing financial support?

I hereby predict an increase in rape and violent crime in Iceland. I predict over 2/3rds of the households accepting these migrants will have got rid of them within the year.
2015 Sep 01 11:34
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 2 users Like Abreodan's post:
Artturi (09-10-2015), Violet (01-09-2015)