Italian organized crime
Artturi
Illiberal Arts Professor

Suomi

Italian organized crime
Does anyone have insight what the modern Italian nationalist/fascist movements propose to solve this enormous issue?

I am apalled and horrified by what those criminal savages have done to their sea and to the Naples.

I am also becoming a bit suspicious of the historical Greek settlement of the southern Italy and the abundant presence of strong crime factions. Maybe the long history of colonial self-governance could explain the antisocial trend?
2015 Oct 04 17:36
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Flavius
Vae Victis

Helvetia

RE: Italian organized crime
(2015 Oct 04 17:36)Artturi Wrote:  Does anyone have insight what the modern Italian nationalist/fascist movements propose to solve this enormous issue?

I am apalled and horrified by what those criminal savages have done to their sea and to the Naples.

I am also becoming a bit suspicious of the historical Greek settlement of the southern Italy and the abundant presence of strong crime factions. Maybe the long history of colonial self-governance could explain the antisocial trend?

I don't see how the Greek colonization has anything to do with the Cosa Nostra in Southern Italy, lol. It's called ancient history for a reason. They formed because of the poor economic conditions than anything. The Italian unification was an overall negative for the Mezzogiorno. The Two Silicies was one of the richest states in Europe but that ended with the Unification when the development of Northern Italy and Rome took priority over Naples and Southern Italy.

By the way, Southern Italy is historically one of the most colonized regions of Europe. It's gotten colonists from all over Europe and North Africa. So, traces of Greek colonists are heavily mixed with others.
2015 Oct 04 19:15
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 1 user Likes Flavius's post:
Artturi (04-10-2015)