European Enrichment Experiment News Watch
W. R.
cannibalish chauvinist

Беларусь

RE: European Enrichment Experiment News Watch
(2015 Oct 24 17:33)Aptrgangr Wrote:  Germany to push for compulsory EU quotas to tackle refugee crisis

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oc...-eu-quotas

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

This shit makes me want Luka to stay the head of the state for ever and ever.

[...] just as it is not left unto us to choose our ancestors, so we may not choose our nation; we can only fulfil, or not fulfil, the obligations that come from being a member of our people’.
© Dr. Jan Stankievič ‘From the History of Belarus’

[Image: now.jpg]
2015 Oct 24 17:57
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 4 users Like W. R.'s post:
Aptrgangr (24-10-2015), Artturi (24-10-2015), Osweo (03-11-2015), Temnozor (24-10-2015)
Aptrgangr
Nulla crux, nulla corona
Supervision

Deutschland

(2015 Oct 24 17:57)W. R. Wrote:  
(2015 Oct 24 17:33)Aptrgangr Wrote:  Germany to push for compulsory EU quotas to tackle refugee crisis

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oc...-eu-quotas

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

This shit makes me want Luka to stay the head of the state for ever and ever.

It took a while until you noticed its not all made of gold here in the West...I am reluctant to speak in favour of Luka, all I can say is the basic problem is unchecked government power as such, we always hear of Luka being Europe's last dictator, but I doubt he is anywhere as oppressive as the feudalist-plutocratic lords overhere. I just got a letter from the mayor, they need to house 100 "immigrants" a week here in my rural village, the school, monastery and youth centre already have been seized, and now they look for private properties to rent or seize...

A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. Gerald R. Ford

"The secret to happiness is freedom... And the secret to freedom is courage."
Thucydides

“My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right.” Carl Schurz

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms."
Aristotle

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must." Thucydides
2015 Oct 24 19:06
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 6 users Like Aptrgangr's post:
Aemma (26-10-2015), Artturi (24-10-2015), Erwann (25-10-2015), Osweo (03-11-2015), Temnozor (24-10-2015), W. R. (24-10-2015)
Kat

Suomi

Syrian refugees are traveling across the Arctic Circle to Europe

Written by
Kate Groetzinger
October 22, 2015

There’s a new way into Europe. Under mounting pressure at home, faced with likely tragedy on the Mediterranean, and turned away by border police in eastern Europe, some Syrians are forging an unlikely path across the Arctic Circle.

This month, Italian photographer Alessandro Iovino followed Syrian asylum-seekers through Russia and into the northernmost part of Norway, passing from the small Arctic town of Nikel, Russia, to Kirkenes, Norway.

Authorities from the Norwegian Directorate of Immigration told Quartz that refugees can cross this border without papers, but must apply for asylum in order to stay in Norway.

Police in Kirkenes confirmed to Quartz that hundreds of bikes dumped by the refugees have been taken to the garbage by city workers.

All together, the journey can end up costing anywhere from $500 USD to over $1000 USD per person, according to Mansour, plus an additional $100 to $150 USD for the bike.

So far, more than 1500 immigrants have crossed into Norway from Russia since August 2015, Kirkenes police told Quartz, with an estimated average of 50 to 60 crossing the border each day. This number has been increasing since September.

The Norwegian government has opened shelters and an immigration center in Kirkenes to handle the influx of people. Norway has pledged to take in more refugees from Syria, but has already begun to push back against those coming from Russia; officials warn they may send back Syrians who previously resided legally in Russia.

Earlier this month, Norway’s foreign minister Børge Brende requested that Russian authorities explain why so many Syrians who have been living in Russia are now coming to Norway.

http://qz.com/530042/syrian-refugees-are...to-europe/

[Image: aio1227.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&w=1024]
A family of Syrian refugees at the Polar Light Hotel in Nikel, Russia. October 2015. (Alessandro Iovino)
2015 Oct 24 21:03
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 5 users Like Kat's post:
Aemma (26-10-2015), Aptrgangr (24-10-2015), Artturi (25-10-2015), Osweo (03-11-2015), W. R. (24-10-2015)
W. R.
cannibalish chauvinist

Беларусь

(2015 Oct 24 19:06)Aptrgangr Wrote:  It took a while until you noticed its not all made of gold here in the West...

I wouldn’t say I noticed it today, ha! What made me flip the table was the blatant disrespect for sovereignty of the EU countries, those countries whose approach to the problem is more rational.

(2015 Oct 24 19:06)Aptrgangr Wrote:  I am reluctant to speak in favour of Luka, all I can say is the basic problem is unchecked government power as such, we always hear of Luka being Europe's last dictator, but I doubt he is anywhere as oppressive as the feudalist-plutocratic lords overhere.

Under this regime I at least know that it is very unlikely, that one day one of the members of the parliament gets up and says, ‘Guys, don't you think we could join the EU?’ While a lot of jerks in the opposition think this is an excellent idea (Zianon the Saint does not).

As for the oppressive lords, I may be mistaken, but from here the situation looks like the EU (Germany, Sweden...) is populated mostly by elves with bleeding hearts, who can be triggered if their governments behave rationally and cynically towards refugees. And instead of growing a pair of balls the governments of Old Europe are trying to force their agenda on New Europe, where governments act more or less normally; calling it ‘sharing the burden’. The burden of what? Of their own impotency?

[...] just as it is not left unto us to choose our ancestors, so we may not choose our nation; we can only fulfil, or not fulfil, the obligations that come from being a member of our people’.
© Dr. Jan Stankievič ‘From the History of Belarus’

[Image: now.jpg]
2015 Oct 24 23:50
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 4 users Like W. R.'s post:
Aemma (26-10-2015), Aptrgangr (25-10-2015), Artturi (25-10-2015), Osweo (03-11-2015)
Temnozor
Kornilov did nothing wrong
Supervision

Россия

(2015 Oct 24 21:03)Kat Wrote:  A family of Syrian refugees at the Polar Light Hotel in Nikel, Russia. October 2015. (Alessandro Iovino)

That carpet belongs on the wall, they clearly messed up there. Hmm...

"Whoever says that he "belongs to his time" is only saying that he agrees with the largest number of fools at that moment." - Nicolás Gómez Dávila

[Image: ecc9v9ru.jpg]
2015 Oct 25 11:07
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 1 user Likes Temnozor's post:
Osweo (03-11-2015)
Phlegethon
Factionist of the forlorn

Deutschland

The carpet is meant to fly them back home, silly!

Not in haunts of marble chill,
Temples drear where ancients trod,—
Nay, in oaks on woody hill
Lives and moves the German God.

2015 Oct 25 11:50
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 3 users Like Phlegethon's post:
Artturi (25-10-2015), Osweo (02-11-2015), Temnozor (25-10-2015)
Aptrgangr
Nulla crux, nulla corona
Supervision

Deutschland

Thucydides

“My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right.” Carl Schurz

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms."
Aristotle

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must." Thucydides
2015 Oct 26 12:58
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 6 users Like Aptrgangr's post:
Aemma (26-10-2015), Artturi (28-10-2015), Erwann (26-10-2015), Osweo (03-11-2015), Sincfal (26-10-2015), Temnozor (26-10-2015)
Mustapaita
Tulkoon sota ja veriset vaatteet

Suomi

^Helsinki je Hussainiya

"Devil, I am devil." ― Pekka Siitoin
2015 Oct 26 17:18
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 3 users Like Mustapaita's post:
Aptrgangr (26-10-2015), Artturi (28-10-2015), Erwann (26-10-2015)
Aptrgangr
Nulla crux, nulla corona
Supervision

Deutschland

Thucydides

Aristotle

2015 Oct 26 23:40
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 2 users Like Aptrgangr's post:
Artturi (28-10-2015), W. R. (27-10-2015)
Aptrgangr
Nulla crux, nulla corona
Supervision

Deutschland

EU 'is weeks away from falling apart': Dire warning as countries battle to cope with influx of migrants

Continued influx sparks fresh conflict between eastern European nations
Slovenia has been swamped by more than 60,000 migrants in a few days
European Commission President says 'every day counts' ahead of winter
Crisis engulfing Continent compounded by Hungary sealing its borders
For more on Europe's refugee crisis visit http://www.dailymail.co.uk/refugeecrisis

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z3prLnszTB

https://mopo24.de/#!nachrichten/freiberg...higt-22407

http://www.mrctv.org/videos/norwegian-is...omosexuals

Thucydides

Aristotle

2015 Oct 28 12:04
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 1 user Likes Aptrgangr's post:
Artturi (28-10-2015)