At least 129 dead in Paris attacks
Torrecerréu

Portugal

RE: At least 129 dead in Paris attacks
Liberté, égalité, fraternité, right France?

Time to turn back.
2016 Jul 15 22:44
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 1 user Likes Torrecerréu's post:
Artturi (16-07-2016)
Flavius
Vae Victis

Helvetia

The more terrorist attacks, the more likely it is for Le Pen to win the presidential election next year.
2016 Jul 16 00:45
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Phlegethon
Factionist of the forlorn

Deutschland

There won't be an election next year, as the shit will go on now. Hollande can only rule in a permanent state of emergency.

Not in haunts of marble chill,
Temples drear where ancients trod,—
Nay, in oaks on woody hill
Lives and moves the German God.

2016 Jul 16 01:04
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 1 user Likes Phlegethon's post:
Artturi (16-07-2016)
Osweo

England

(2016 Jul 15 22:44)Torrecerréu Wrote:  Time to turn back.

I imagine you mean back to a time when the common man couldn't so much as wipe his arse without written permission from the bishop and paying a fee to his feudal seignour, but it wouldn't hurt if on the way they revisited a slightly more recent period to sort out a little business...

[Image: Giliotina_0.jpg]

[Image: 3051323-4905250801-guill.gif]

"And now if a whole nation fell into that? In such a case, I answer, infallibly they will return out of it. For life is no cunningly-devised deception or self deception, it is a great truth that thou art alive, that thou hast desires, necessities: neither can these subsist and satisfy themselves on delusions, but on fact. To fact, depend on it, we shall come back: to such fact, blessed or cursed, as we have wisdom for."
Thomas Carlyle
2016 Jul 16 17:49
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 2 users Like Osweo's post:
Artturi (16-07-2016), Quaestor (16-07-2016)
Torrecerréu

Portugal

(2016 Jul 16 17:49)Osweo Wrote:  I imagine you...

No, I mean back to Christ.

It was once the case that France was the Fidei defensor and that there was a logical response to these sorts of encroachments by Mohammedans on Christendom; by them who were recognised as foreigners by virtue of their blood and as enemies by virtue of their convictions. There was action instead of candle-lit vigils, solutions instead of the meaningless slacktivism of #PrayForNice (pray to whom, you secularist fools?), howling mobs frothing with righteous indignation instead of a broken, lethargic crowd of guilt-ridden wretches making excuses for their persecutors.

And, indeed, the liberal French masses are living out the vision and philosophy of their revolutionary ancestors like de Sade, who intentionally looked for means by which the morals of the lower classes could be corrupted, de Menou, who celebrated the speech given by Shawish/Chavis (a Syrian) at the National Assembly of 1790 before converting to Islam, and de Cootz who declared himself the "enemy of Christ" and wrote that Muslims would cease praying in the direction of Mecca and instead pray in the direction of Paris. They can do and say nothing against Muslims who are, in accordance with their liberal tradition, their brothers and as French as the French themselves. So, instead, they sit on their hands, their sobs occasionally interrupted only to remind everyone that such people don't represent Islam and that the Crusades were a thing.

By the way, I suppose it is laudible, to your mind, that while those blades were dropping on the necks of the aristocracy and while clerics were being drowned by scum like Carrier, the revolutionaries were working to reverse the Ancien Regime policy of refusing Mohammedans full residence and civic status in France, also.
2016 Jul 16 20:18
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Artturi (16-07-2016)
Osweo

England

(2016 Jul 16 20:18)Torrecerréu Wrote:  I suppose it is laudible
All I want from that time is the method for dispatching enemies, not the means of deciding who the enemies were!

Look, I know it's fashionable these days to be a Reactionary, but you have to remember that the Ancien Regime had its faults and excesses, and largely deserved what it got. The extremity of the Revolution was conditioned precisely BY the abuses of the old order.

(2016 Jul 16 20:18)Torrecerréu Wrote:  pray to whom, you secularist fools?
That seems a bit much, too. Perhaps prayer in general, without a personified focus, just the general well-wishing and "good energy" or whatever you want to call it, IS worthwhile in some way. Who are you to say that it isn't? If God were so anxious to have a personal relationship with millennial slacktivists, perhaps He should consider giving them the odd "prod" or "like" on Facebook now and then...

"And now if a whole nation fell into that? In such a case, I answer, infallibly they will return out of it. For life is no cunningly-devised deception or self deception, it is a great truth that thou art alive, that thou hast desires, necessities: neither can these subsist and satisfy themselves on delusions, but on fact. To fact, depend on it, we shall come back: to such fact, blessed or cursed, as we have wisdom for."
Thomas Carlyle
2016 Jul 16 21:18
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 1 user Likes Osweo's post:
Quaestor (16-07-2016)
Torrecerréu

Portugal

(2016 Jul 16 21:18)Osweo Wrote:  ... not the means of deciding who the enemies were!

Look, I know it's fashionable these days to be a Reactionary...

But Osweo, I'm not the one who said we should go back to the Ancien Regime. You claimed that's what I was implying in your first post, and I told you that I wanted only that they turn back to Christ; that they return to who they are.

I'm not a reactionary, I'm a Catholic. I don't believe, nor was it my intention to suggest, that things were good before 1789, but pointing out an evil is not an approval of what came before it. The Revolution was evil. Not because it toppled a cruel regime and not just because it attempted to divorce Catholicism from the French identity (giving them instead a pseudo-identity), but because of what it put in the place of that regime. What you see today in France is a direct product of that Revolution. The immorality, the secularism, the horrific state of French demographics, what has occurred in Nice this week, and what will occur also in the coming years.

And nothing will help the French, not even Marion Marechal-Le Pen in spite of her Catholic faith, unless the people collectively turn back to Christ. A human-derived [Freemasonic] "order" which excludes the Supreme Order will always, inevitably and invariably fail.

(2016 Jul 16 21:18)Osweo Wrote:  Perhaps prayer in general, without a personified focus, just the general well-wishing and "good energy" or whatever you want to call it, IS worthwhile in some way.

"Good energy"? What is this, voodoo? Throwing out prayers to some generic, nameless and faceless godhead, as though the True God did not lower Himself to live among us and reveal Himself to us, in the hopes that they get caught and heard as they float about aimlessly in the ether is not only equivalent to idolatry but it reeks of desperation and shows just how truly lost this ridiculous generation is. Oh, and who am I to say otherwise? I am Ionas in the bowels of Nineveh, as all orthodox Catholics of today are.

Curious that this sort of stupidity seems reasonable to you, going so far as to admit the possibility of it being worthwhile, and yet you have balked at Christ and at the Gospels elsewhere.
2016 Jul 16 23:54
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Artturi (17-07-2016)
Artturi
Illiberal Arts Professor

Suomi

(2016 Jul 16 21:18)Osweo Wrote:  The extremity of the Revolution was conditioned precisely BY the abuses of the old order.

[...]

If God were so anxious to have a personal relationship with millennial slacktivists, perhaps He should consider giving them the odd "prod" or "like" on Facebook now and then...

I think you are missing a vital part of the story.

Any tradition and especially religious faith is based on the living testimony of its practicioners to remain healthy and attractive. How you deal with and relate to people is a very good snapshot of your own spiritual state and overview on the fruits of your spirituality. The function of the Church of the is to provide basic spiritual hygiene to keep people out of falling to sin and offer an effective way for theosis, i.e. the production saints and holy miracles that are (here in a narrow sense) the supernatural proofs that confirm and justify faith. God need not to contact you on the Facebook because the saints and evangelists are supposed be the living examples on how He and His way are the keys for personal salvation.

It is my observation that the Catholic faith had entered into a deep crisis by the time of revolution in that they were not producing enough (nor high enough) saints who would have the resilience and energy to work miracles for the faith and really inspire people to embrace and deepen their faith. This is why the Eastern Orthodox Church has remained much more resilient: they emphasize on the mystical side of the Christian faith and really have been able to consistently produce incredible testimonials how the Church first and foremost functions as a spiritual hospital for all mankind. Everyone may and is encouraged to partake in theosis, therefore it is only natural that their faith has continued to manifest as remarkable personalities and saints.

I think the Roman teaching may have emphasized too much on the subservience and obedience to God as a matter of authority and sign of true faith, instead of illuminating the way up to God and showing that adherence to the word of dogma is not nearly enough for our salvation. This goes hand in hand with the observation (by many people) on how the impact of Germanics on the Christianity altered it in a subtle way, which can be seen how the Church in the West became a tool of politics unlike in the East.

(2016 Jul 16 21:18)Osweo Wrote:  Perhaps prayer in general, without a personified focus, just the general well-wishing and "good energy" or whatever you want to call it, IS worthwhile in some way.

In the absence of proper spiritual upbringing any sincere prayer is better than nothing. It is certainly true that harboring good will is better than ill will. However, inventing the wheel by yourself is surely not a sign of genius in this time and society we now live in, but almost surely an indication of being either proud or stubbornly self-reliant. It takes humility and wisdom to recognize that no man is an island and that it is better to take paths that others have traveled.

The real concern here is that prayer is supposed to be sincere and effective spiritual cultivation done regularly, and not something which is comparable to California crystal healing™ or Reiki™ healing. Lukewarm spiritual commitments, mystified over-empathy and sentimentality, and reactionary dilettante appeals to pseudo-spirituality are not going to be sincere or effective, I am afraid.
2016 Jul 17 06:52
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 2 users Like Artturi's post:
Osweo (17-07-2016), Torrecerréu (17-07-2016)
Blackthorne

England

Central banking/masonic tyranny had a trial run in America circa 1776 before it was fully formed in 1789 in France; any of you suckers who believe in 'European democracy' at this point need to join the same club as the morons who mumble about 'American democracy.'
2016 Jul 17 08:15
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Mustapaita
Tulkoon sota ja veriset vaatteet

Suomi

France covered up torture, sexual mutilation in Paris attack

Transcriptions reveal French government concealed castrations, torture of victims in Paris terror attack.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/215049

"Devil, I am devil." ― Pekka Siitoin
2016 Jul 17 12:50
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 3 users Like Mustapaita's post:
Artturi (17-07-2016), Osweo (17-07-2016), W. R. (17-07-2016)