As NGO bill nears approval, Europe warns Israel against curtailing free speech
Aptrgangr
Nulla crux, nulla corona
Supervision

Deutschland

The bill will be brought to its first reading Wednesday in the Knesset, where it is expected to pass with the support of coalition parties and Yisrael Beytenu. (...)

http://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Politic...ech-438599

"The secret to happiness is freedom... And the secret to freedom is courage."
Thucydides

“My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right.” Carl Schurz

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms."
Aristotle

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must." Thucydides
2015 Dec 30 22:18
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 1 user Likes Aptrgangr's post:
Zephyr (27-12-2018)
Artturi
Illiberal Arts Professor

Suomi

RE: As NGO bill nears approval, Europe warns Israel against curtailing free speech
Quote:“Nonetheless, the fact that foreign governments, Palestinian foundations, and the European Union have decided to activate agents of change and organizations which act like moles in our midst in an effort to alter the country from within is chutzpah of the first order and certainly an undemocratic step.”

Bayit Yehudi faction head Shuli Moalem-Refaeli responded to the criticism from the Left by saying that the bill is an expression of democracy in Israel.

“The people of Israel are sovereign in their land and not the Swedes or the Finns,” she said.

I knew there would be a justification like this, for all the good and bad, before I even opened the article. Rolleyes
2015 Dec 30 22:20
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 1 user Likes Artturi's post:
Aptrgangr (30-12-2015)
Mustapaita
Tulkoon sota ja veriset vaatteet

Suomi

RE: As NGO bill nears approval, Europe warns Israel against curtailing free speech
Finns? We're the most pro-Israel Nordic nation. sad

"Devil, I am devil." ― Pekka Siitoin
2015 Dec 30 22:43
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 1 user Likes Mustapaita's post:
Artturi (30-12-2015)