Ted Cruz Is Right to Attack the 'Neocons'
Blackthorne

England

Ted Cruz Is Right to Attack the 'Neocons'
Hillary Clinton has no record to run on. Family income is lower and the world is more dangerous. Donald Trump nailed it when he told Chris Wallace, "Hillary calls me 'dangerous'? She's killed hundreds of thousands of people with her stupidity." Trump was referring to the Obama administration's campaign to overthrow Arab dictators like Libya's Qaddafi and Egypt's Mubarak, which contributed to the chaos in the Middle East after the so-called "Arab Spring." Marco Rubio can't attack Hillary's disastrous foreign policy record because--as Ted Cruz observes--Rubio supported all the same stupid policies. Picture a Cruz-Clinton presidential debate: Cruz denounces Hillary's incompetence in promoting chaos in the Middle East. Hillary remonstrates, "But most Republicans supported me!" Cruz counters: "That's right--I'm running against you and against the Establishment in my own party." Game, set, match.

Here's a word of consolation for my neocon friends: It's not personal, just business. I'm a neocon too, an ex-lefty who went rightward with Reagan and carried my spear in the final phase of the Cold War. I was chief economist at Jude Wanniski's supply-side consulting firm Polyconomics, which is as neocon as you can get, and I give the neocons all the credit for Reaganomics. I've published in Commentary Magazine and Irving Kristol's Public Interest. I traveled the world promoting the Reagan model between 1988 and 1993--Mexico, Peru, Nicaragua, and most of all Russia--and learned firsthand how Quixotic was the conceit that our model could be exported.

Every ideology has a use-by date and you're long past yours. Henry Kissinger did great service to this country by opening relations to China, a necessary if not sufficient condition for winning the Cold War. But Kissinger couldn't see past the dull calculus of detente, while Reagan foresaw unconditional American victory over Communism--and without you neocons, he never could have done it. You made a Gargantuan error, though, when you assumed that the Reagan Revolution could be exported to the Middle East, Russia and China, and you misplayed the strongest hand that any world power ever held. America went from only-hyperpower status when George W. Bush took office to a playing second fiddle to Vladimir Putin today. No-one wants to hear your claim that we really won in Iraq in 2008 and lost it all because Obama wouldn't leave a few divisions there. And when the "Arab Spring" came along, you mistook the oncoming express for the light at the end of the tunnel. You and the Obama crowd played "Dumb and Dumber." You both bought into the idea that Muslim democracy would arise from Islamist opposition to the old dictatorships.

So Ted Cruz has thrown you under the bus, just as you threw Henry Kissinger under the bus when Reagan came to office in 1981. Tim Alberta and Eliana Johnson record your outrage in National Review:

So when Ted Cruz, on the campaign trail in Iowa and again in an interview with Bloomberg News, recently pointed the finger at “neocons” in an attempt to defend his own understanding of American interests abroad, the response among some conservative foreign-policy experts — many of whom the term has been used to disparage — was of shock, anger, and dismay. “He knows that the term in the usual far-left and far-right parlance means warmonger, if not warmongering Jewish advisers, so it is not something he should’ve done,” says Elliott Abrams, a former Bush administration National Security Council official and a fellow at the Council on Foreign Relations.

That's chutzpah (like the man who murdered his parents asking the judge for clemency because he's an orphan). "Neocon" became a term of opprobrium because it represented a coherent and well-defined body of thought that produced bad results. To suggest that Ted Cruz is stirring up bigotry against Jews is just nasty.

No, Cruz is doing the right thing: Just as Reagan sacrificed Henry Kissinger, Cruz will sacrifice you. It's all for the greater good. For the past eight years the Republican Party has worn the sins of the George W. Bush administration like the chains on Marley's Ghost. The American public doesn't easily forget that it was stirred to sacrifice in Iraq and Afghanistan and has nothing to show for it. A break with the Bush past vastly increases the odds for a Republican victory. Rubio can't do this, but Cruz can. Like Kissinger, you should glory in your past contributions and let other people take charge. Go with God. But go.

https://pjmedia.com/spengler/2015/12/16/...neocons/2/

You goddamn communist heathen, you had best sound off that you love the Virgin Mary... or I'm gonna stomp your guts out!
2016 Jan 16 23:03
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 2 users Like Blackthorne's post:
Aptrgangr (19-01-2016), Artturi (17-01-2016)
Aptrgangr
Nulla crux, nulla corona
Supervision

Deutschland

RE: Ted Cruz Is Right to Attack the 'Neocons'

"The secret to happiness is freedom... And the secret to freedom is courage."
Thucydides

“My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right.” Carl Schurz

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms."
Aristotle

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must." Thucydides
2016 Jan 19 12:48
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 2 users Like Aptrgangr's post:
Artturi (19-01-2016), Blackthorne (19-01-2016)
Raskolnikov

Breizh

[Image: P31tpTT.png]

[Image: UBOJ98a.jpg?1]
2016 Jan 20 15:41
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Mustapaita
Tulkoon sota ja veriset vaatteet

Suomi

Ted Cruz is a sleazeball.

"Devil, I am devil." ― Pekka Siitoin
2016 Jan 20 15:43
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Temnozor
Kornilov did nothing wrong
Supervision

Россия

(2016 Jan 20 15:41)Raskolnikov Wrote:  [Image: BxZ9KP2.png]

[Image: byc92tj5.jpg]

"Whoever says that he "belongs to his time" is only saying that he agrees with the largest number of fools at that moment." - Nicolás Gómez Dávila

[Image: ecc9v9ru.jpg]
2016 Jan 20 15:46
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 2 users Like Temnozor's post:
Artturi (20-01-2016), Raskolnikov (20-01-2016)
Blackthorne

England

'Ted Cruz’s Wife Heidi On Task Force Which Wrote “Building A North American Community” Report Aimed At Abolishing America'

Currently, Ted Cruz is trying to pose as an aw-shucks country lawyer, despite his elite connections. But the problem is that those connections are out there for all to see. And one of the most troubling is his wife Heidi, a Goldman Sachs investment manager who served on the task force which wrote the report on “Building a North American Community,” a direct attack on American independence.

It includes a recommendation to build a European Union style abolition of borders between Mexico and the United States.

Lay the groundwork for the freer flow of people within North America. The three governments should commit themselves to the long-term goal of dramatically diminishing the need for the current intensity of the governments’ physical control of cross-border traffic, travel, and trade within North America. A long-term goal for a North American border action plan should be joint screening of travelers from third countries at their first point of entry into North America and the elimination of most controls over the temporary movement of these travelers within North America. (p.10)

There are also demands for a unified “North American border action plan,” a “North American Border Pass,” and “a common security perimeter.”

Heidi Cruz specifically endorsed the report and enclosed an addendum. Her added comments have nothing to do with protecting American independence. Instead, she writes:

I support the Task Force report and its recommendations aimed at building a safer and more prosperous North America. Economic prosperity and a world safe from terrorism and other security threats are no doubt inextricably linked. While governments play an invaluable role in both regards, we must emphasize the imperative that economic investment be led and perpetuated by the private sector. There is no force proven like the market for aligning incentives, sourcing capital, and producing results like financial markets and profit-making businesses. This is simply necessary to sustain a higher living standard for the poorest among us—truly the measure of our success. As such, investment funds and financing mechanisms should be deemed attractive instruments by those committing the capital and should only be developed in conjunction with market participants. (p.33)

Translation: Let’s scrap American independence, but you better make sure Goldman Sachs and the other financiers get their cut.

Donald Trump’s family is out there campaigning with him. Something tells me we won’t see Heidi Cruz making speeches any time soon. After all, when you are defining yourself as an opponent of #NewYorkValues, you aren’t going to be trumpeting how the most important person in your life literally wants to abolish the country at the direction of the Council on Foreign Relations so Wall Street financiers can make more money.

None of this is especially surprising. And it provides a different perspective on Ted Cruz’s claim he’s a “consistent conservative.” After all, American conservatism has consistently failed to conserve anything important over the last few decades. Why should America itself be exempt?

http://www.vdare.com/posts/ted-cruzs-wif...ng-america

You goddamn communist heathen, you had best sound off that you love the Virgin Mary... or I'm gonna stomp your guts out!
2016 Jan 24 22:48
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 1 user Likes Blackthorne's post:
Artturi (25-01-2016)