Fuckin manipulatin cretin!

Not in haunts of marble chill,
Temples drear where ancients trod,—
Nay, in oaks on woody hill
Lives and moves the German God.

2016 May 27 22:50
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 5 users Like Phlegethon's post:
Artturi (28-05-2016), Flavius (27-05-2016), Raskolnikov (27-05-2016), Temnozor (29-05-2016), W. R. (28-05-2016)
Flavius
Vae Victis

Helvetia

RE: British EU referendum
Gibraltar's chief minister has warned Brexit supporters they "will have a lot to answer for" if the UK votes to leave the EU.

Fabian Picardo told Sky News he feared Spain could closed the border and threaten the overseas territory sovereignty, with Spain making a power grab if Britons vote to leave the EU.

He said: "The current Spanish foreign minister has been explicit, that [leaving] might mean closing the frontier if Britain were to leave the European Union.

"Not the day after the vote but when the United Kingdom was actually to leave.

"And, if Gibraltar wanted to have access to the single market and the rights we enjoy today of free movement, we would have to once again consider joint sovereignty with Spain which no one in Gibraltar is prepared to consider."

http://news.sky.com/story/1702417/gibral...brexiteers
2016 May 28 05:55
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 2 users Like Flavius's post:
Aptrgangr (28-05-2016), Artturi (28-05-2016)
Godyfa
Daughter of Yorkshire

England

If the Spanish get any ideas, we know what to do... Big Grin

[Image: May-NA_FEARLESS_820604_5.jpg]

No seriously, I don't think this will happen (both Spain and pro-EU Gibraltar have every interest to fearmonger), and if it does, it'll be Spain's fault and we'll subsequently deal with it.
2016 May 28 16:37
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 1 user Likes Godyfa's post:
Aptrgangr (28-05-2016)
Flavius
Vae Victis

Helvetia

(2016 May 28 16:37)Godyfa Wrote:  If the Spanish get any ideas, we know what to do... Big Grin

No seriously, I don't think this will happen (both Spain and pro-EU Gibraltar have every interest to fearmonger), and if it does, it'll be Spain's fault and we'll subsequently deal with it.

This is actually fantastic. If Gibraltar goes then Cyprus bases will go too. It will be finally the end of British presence in the Mediterranean. The Scots and possibly the North Irish and Welsh will vote to leave the United Kingdom to rejoin the EU. Please vote Leave! Big Grin
2016 May 29 02:46
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Godyfa
Daughter of Yorkshire

England

(2016 May 29 02:46)Flavius Wrote:  The Scots and possibly the North Irish and Welsh will vote to leave the United Kingdom to rejoin the EU. Please vote Leave! Big Grin
Nah. The Scots won't go indy without the oil, which just failed to break even for the first time. Their budget deficit is about 9% of GDP.

After Brexit, an indy Scotland would have to reapply to join the EU, which could take years. Also, there will be no special carve outs, like not Euro membership. It'll be a very unattractive deal for the Scots.

The SNP are total hypocrites on this issue. Scotland in the EU would have, what, 8 MEPS, one Commissioner out of 28?
2016 May 29 06:25
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 2 users Like Godyfa's post:
Aptrgangr (29-05-2016), Artturi (29-05-2016)
Phlegethon
Factionist of the forlorn

Deutschland

With the EU in a state of rapid crumbling and eroding Scotland would become a member quicker than they can say "Sturgeon". Or "Salmon(d)". The SNP has a tradition of sounding quite fishy - and in Salmond's case, sheeny - to me.

Northern Ireland and even more so Wales are certainly less attractive, but hey, Greece also still is a member of the EU, so I guess it is OK to them if you only have a token industry of fishermen, pistachio roasters and goatherds. Maybe Shakin' Stevens, Tom Jones, Catherine Zeta-Jones and Christian Bale qualify as a core industry in their books.

Not in haunts of marble chill,
Temples drear where ancients trod,—
Nay, in oaks on woody hill
Lives and moves the German God.

2016 May 29 14:32
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 1 user Likes Phlegethon's post:
Artturi (29-05-2016)
Flavius
Vae Victis

Helvetia

(2016 May 29 14:32)Phlegethon Wrote:  With the EU in a state of rapid crumbling and eroding Scotland would become a member quicker than they can say "Sturgeon". Or "Salmon(d)". The SNP has a tradition of sounding quite fishy - and in Salmond's case, sheeny - to me.

Northern Ireland and even more so Wales are certainly less attractive, but hey, Greece also still is a member of the EU, so I guess it is OK to them if you only have a token industry of fishermen, pistachio roasters and goatherds. Maybe Shakin' Stevens, Tom Jones, Catherine Zeta-Jones and Christian Bale qualify as a core industry in their books.

Are you saying Germany would miss an opportunity to land troops on the Isles via Scotland? Madness. ;)
2016 May 29 15:31
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Aptrgangr
Nulla crux, nulla corona
Supervision

Deutschland

The wealthy leaders of Remain will never know the devastating effect EU immigration has on ordinary people

The ability to control our borders stands at the heart of the debate on whether or not Britain should leave the European Union. On June 23, there will be a clear choice on the ballot paper: either we vote to remain in the EU, which means continuing to have no control over our immigration system; or we vote to leave, and take control over migration in a way that is fair, balanced and serves our national interests.

Britain has a long and proud record of welcoming migrants. They have made many positive contributions to our economy. But the impact of uncontrolled immigration from the EU has placed new pressures on our country. (...)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/...tating-ef/

"The secret to happiness is freedom... And the secret to freedom is courage."
Thucydides

“My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right.” Carl Schurz

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms."
Aristotle

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must." Thucydides
2016 May 29 20:42
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 2 users Like Aptrgangr's post:
Artturi (29-05-2016), Osweo (30-05-2016)
Flavius
Vae Victis

Helvetia

Trump apparently stumped by 'Brexit' question

Donald Trump appeared confused when asked about Britain’s potential exit from the European Union in a new interview.

The GOP’s presumptive presidential nominee stumbled over the "Brexit" concept during an interview with reporter Michael Wolff in The Hollywood Reporter.

“And Brexit? Your position?” Wolff asked the billionaire.
“Huh?” Trump responded.

“Brexit,” Wolff reiterated.

“Hmm,” the real estate tycoon said.

“The Brits leaving the EU,” Wolff replied.

“Oh yeah, I think they should leave,” Trump said.

Trump said last month he would support the United Kingdom breaking its ties with the EU.

“I would say that they’re better off without it, personally, but I’m not making that as a recommendation, just my feeling,” he told Fox News.

“I know Great Britain very well,” Trump added. "I know, you know, the country very well. I have a lot of investments there. I would say they’re better off without it. But I want them to make their own decision.”

Trump said later in May that a possible Brexit would not hinder America’s trade deals with the U.K., however.

“With me, they’ll always be treated fantastically well,” he said on ITV’s “Good Morning Britain. "I don’t want to say front or anything else. I’m going to treat everybody fairly.

“It wouldn’t make any difference to me whether they’re in the EU or not. They certainly would not be back of the queue, that I can tell you."

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/pres...t-question
2016 Jun 01 14:48
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 2 users Like Flavius's post:
Aptrgangr (01-06-2016), Artturi (01-06-2016)