Russia’s top enemies (according to Russians): US, Ukraine, Turkey and Poland
Xmia
Space Commienazi

England

RE: Russia’s top enemies (according to Russians): US, Ukraine, Turkey and Poland
has this guy been sent here by some US NGO to spam the board with anti-Russia posts (nothing too dumb to be considered)?
2016 Jun 02 17:02
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 3 users Like Xmia's post:
Artturi (02-06-2016), Sincfal (04-06-2016), Temnozor (02-06-2016)
Temnozor
Kornilov did nothing wrong
Supervision

Россия

RE: Russia’s top enemies (according to Russians): US, Ukraine, Turkey and Poland
(2016 Jun 02 17:02)Xmia Wrote:  has this guy been sent here by some US NGO to spam the board with anti-Russia posts (nothing too dumb to be considered)?

Doubt it. There are more than enough neocons out there. Not everyone is as enlightened as your average FE poster. ;)

"Whoever says that he "belongs to his time" is only saying that he agrees with the largest number of fools at that moment." - Nicolás Gómez Dávila

[Image: ecc9v9ru.jpg]
2016 Jun 02 17:04
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 2 users Like Temnozor's post:
Artturi (02-06-2016), Osweo (02-06-2016)
Artturi
Illiberal Arts Professor

Suomi

This forum has a relatively free speech policy, but I would not wish to spend my time with anyone's soap box agitations.

It is super boring to read emotionally charged posts regardless whether their aim is agreeable or not. Junior high school and childish tantrum-arguments happened ages ago.

If they keep coming, then it is better just log off and let the storm in the teacup settle. There are better uses for anyone's energy than to get involved fighting windmills in the Internet.
2016 Jun 02 17:34
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 4 users Like Artturi's post:
Erwann (06-06-2016), Osweo (02-06-2016), Temnozor (02-06-2016), Zephyr (05-06-2016)
Temnozor
Kornilov did nothing wrong
Supervision

Россия

(2016 Jun 02 17:34)Artturi Wrote:  This forum has a relatively free speech policy, but I would not wish to spend my time with anyone's soap box agitations.

It is super boring to read emotionally charged posts regardless whether their aim is agreeable or not. Junior high school and childish tantrum-arguments happened ages ago.

If they keep coming, then it is better just log off and let the storm in the teacup settle. There are better uses for anyone's energy than to get involved fighting windmills in the Internet.

I understand the sentiment, but I see forums like this one as places of learning, too. Not only learning about world history, other countries, politics and so forth, but also manners and respect. I've "grown on it" myself, so I like giving others the same chance, even if they start out as infantiles. And yes, this is a free speech forum, so people are welcome to express their opinions in whatever way is most suitable to them, unless they are disrupting others.

"Whoever says that he "belongs to his time" is only saying that he agrees with the largest number of fools at that moment." - Nicolás Gómez Dávila

[Image: ecc9v9ru.jpg]
2016 Jun 02 18:06
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 3 users Like Temnozor's post:
Artturi (02-06-2016), Flavius (02-06-2016), Osweo (02-06-2016)
Artturi
Illiberal Arts Professor

Suomi

(2016 Jun 02 18:06)Temnozor Wrote:  I understand the sentiment, but I see forums like this one as places of learning, too. Not only learning about world history, other countries, politics and so forth, but also manners and respect. I've "grown on it" myself, so I like giving others the same chance, even if they start out as infantiles. And yes, this is a free speech forum, so people are welcome to express their opinions in whatever way is most suitable to them, unless they are disrupting others.

I agree with you completely! I was just moments ago thinking why am I here and what am I trying to achieve on a personal level. The conclusion was that I am not here to educate others, but to educate myself--and to have some fun in the meanwhile. I confess that I am very poorly groomed in politics, therefore my participation here could not be anything else but work in progress. I value pragmaticism over idealism anyway.

Sometimes my posts display booooring frustration which is another foolish variety of tantrum argumentation, yet this is again an opportunity to smile and let go, and channel that energy into a more witty or constructive argument. It is about having fun together, you know. Smile
2016 Jun 02 18:43
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 1 user Likes Artturi's post:
Temnozor (02-06-2016)
Phlegethon
Factionist of the forlorn

Deutschland

So by your definition, Flavius, a rogue state is basically a state which has learned the hard way that Americans aren't their friends and cannot be trusted? Or does it only include those states who have come to the conclusion that since they cannot be trusted it is a good idea to have a nuclear deterrent?

Not in haunts of marble chill,
Temples drear where ancients trod,—
Nay, in oaks on woody hill
Lives and moves the German God.

2016 Jun 02 22:06
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 3 users Like Phlegethon's post:
Artturi (17-06-2016), Osweo (02-06-2016), Temnozor (02-06-2016)
Flavius
Vae Victis

Helvetia

(2016 Jun 02 22:06)Phlegethon Wrote:  So by your definition a rogue state is basically a state which has learned the hard way that Americans aren't their friends and cannot be trusted? Or does it only include those states who have come to the conclusion that since they cannot be trusted it is a good idea to have a nuclear deterrent?

I think Eastern Europe learned the hardest lesson trusting the communists to liberate them from Nazi oppression when they merely replaced Nazi death squads with commissars.

Tell me, which is more threatening? Actual nuclear-tipped missiles or the anti-missile defense system?

Russia has gone off the rails, threatening countries for wanting to have defense against nuclear-tipped missiles. It doesn't matter if the U.S. built the system, had Europe built that instead, Russia would still be spouting off like Jong-Un. Threatening to nuke Ukraine when the Budapest Memorandum explicitly forbade them from even entertaining the idea. Putin is as crazy as Un threatening to nuke the U.S.

Tell me why should Europe submit to the will of Russia? To be defenseless against Russian nukes? Russia is a hellhole full of greedy cronies and murderers. America serves Europe's interests by preventing a takeover of Eastern Europe by Russia again and be subjected to the backwards ways of Great Tartary.

I for one, do not welcome Putin's demagoguery.
2016 Jun 02 22:22
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Flavius
Vae Victis

Helvetia

(2016 Jun 02 17:02)Xmia Wrote:  has this guy been sent here by some US NGO to spam the board with anti-Russia posts (nothing too dumb to be considered)?

No. A few members here know me from the Apricity many years ago. I simply am not of the opinion that Russia is a country just trying to get by. It is rather a self-interested aggressor nation led by cronies where the murder rate is at African rates. It is a world apart if we compare Poland or Czechia to Russia, they have nothing in common besides language.

Putin's demagoguery has set Russia on a very, very dangerous course... Russia was stagnating economically because of his refusal to build a robust economy, instead, relying on cronies. Still, Putin had a chance coming out of a nice Olympics but he chose to invade Ukraine and made Russia a pariah for the next 50 years. We waited out the USSR, we can wait out Russia.
2016 Jun 02 22:31
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Flavius
Vae Victis

Helvetia

(2016 Jun 02 16:41)Temnozor Wrote:  
(2016 Jun 02 16:35)Flavius Wrote:  Thanks for proving to us that Russia is every bit a rogue state as Iran or North Korea. You just occupy a larger land mass.

My pleasure.

It is funny, talking about how large Russia is and how you can obliterate the planet with nukes yet still feel threatened by Ukraine choosing to go West! Ukrainians must be really scary to you guys. ;)
2016 Jun 02 22:38
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Osweo

England

(2016 Jun 02 22:22)Flavius Wrote:  Tell me, which is more threatening? Actual nuclear-tipped missiles or the anti-missile defense system?
Think about what arms "proliferation" means, and then think about the respective dates for the two things you mention. One is an inheritance from the past, to be dealt with as sensibly as possible in new circumstances. The other is an innovation, that MAKES new circumstances.

"And now if a whole nation fell into that? In such a case, I answer, infallibly they will return out of it. For life is no cunningly-devised deception or self deception, it is a great truth that thou art alive, that thou hast desires, necessities: neither can these subsist and satisfy themselves on delusions, but on fact. To fact, depend on it, we shall come back: to such fact, blessed or cursed, as we have wisdom for."
Thomas Carlyle
2016 Jun 02 22:55
Like PostLIKE REPLY