‘Spain is RUINED FOR 50 YEARS’ Economist predicts crisis and slams ECB over ‘crazy’ l
Aptrgangr
Nulla crux, nulla corona
Supervision

Deutschland

‘Spain is RUINED FOR 50 YEARS’ Economist predicts crisis and slams ECB over ‘crazy’ l
‘Spain is RUINED FOR 50 YEARS’ Economist predicts crisis and slams ECB over ‘crazy’ loans

A LEADING Spanish economist has hit out at the European Central Bank (ECB) saying "crazy" loans will ruin the lives of the population for the next 50 years.

By SIOBHAN MCFADYEN

And it is only a matter of time before the Government is forced to default as a debt bubble and low wages effectively forge the worst declines in "living memory".

Leading economist Roberto Centeno, who was an advisor to US president Donald Trump's election team on hispanic issues, says the country has borrowed £508 billion (€603) billion that it cannot conceivably pay back.

And he says Spanish politicians including Minister of Economy Luis de Guindos are "insulting their intelligence" after doing back door deals with the ECB. (...)

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/7706...rest-Spain

"The secret to happiness is freedom... And the secret to freedom is courage."
Thucydides

“My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right.” Carl Schurz

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms."
Aristotle

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must." Thucydides
2017 Mar 05 19:46
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 2 users Like Aptrgangr's post:
Artturi (06-03-2017), Osweo (05-03-2017)
Osweo

England

RE: ‘Spain is RUINED FOR 50 YEARS’ Economist predicts crisis and slams ECB over ‘crazy’ l
Looks like I'll be getting a little more cortijo for my peseta soon...

*rubs eternal anglo hands*

"And now if a whole nation fell into that? In such a case, I answer, infallibly they will return out of it. For life is no cunningly-devised deception or self deception, it is a great truth that thou art alive, that thou hast desires, necessities: neither can these subsist and satisfy themselves on delusions, but on fact. To fact, depend on it, we shall come back: to such fact, blessed or cursed, as we have wisdom for."
Thomas Carlyle
2017 Mar 05 22:57
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 2 users Like Osweo's post:
Aptrgangr (05-03-2017), Artturi (06-03-2017)
Aptrgangr
Nulla crux, nulla corona
Supervision

Deutschland

RE: ‘Spain is RUINED FOR 50 YEARS’ Economist predicts crisis and slams ECB over ‘crazy’ l
Dunno why I posted that in Metaphysics, at this point we can count Keynesianism as a cult though - one has to believe it could work.

Thucydides

“My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right.” Carl Schurz

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms."
Aristotle

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must." Thucydides
2017 Mar 06 13:33
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 1 user Likes Aptrgangr's post:
Artturi (06-03-2017)
Aptrgangr
Nulla crux, nulla corona
Supervision

Deutschland

‘GIGANTIC LIE!’ Spanish government embroiled in ‘scandalous manipulation’ of debt figures

THE European Commission has been accused of failing to meet its legal obligations in an astonishing letter sent to the Eurogroup President by Spanish financial experts.

Campaigners including a leading Madrid based economist have called on Jeroen Dijsselbloem, the Dutch finance chief who leads the eurozone’s ministers, to intervene immediately to probe the Spanish National Accounts.

They say the people of the country have become "victims of the greatest wave of political profligacy and corruption ever known in Spain’s recent history”.

The men have asked for a meeting with Mr Dijsselbloem who recently became angered over a 'drinks and women' row raging at the European Union. (...)

http://www.express.co.uk/finance/city/79...jsselbloem

Thucydides

Aristotle

2017 May 01 12:09
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 1 user Likes Aptrgangr's post:
Artturi (01-05-2017)