The Gothic versus the Russian
Aptrgangr
Nulla crux, nulla corona
Supervision

Deutschland

The Gothic versus the Russian
The Gothic versus the Russian. The conflict between the Church of the Goths and the Russian Orthodox Church

- A comparison between the Church of the Goths (and similar churches) and the Moscow Patriarchate

http://www.diva-portal.se/smash/get/diva...TEXT01.pdf

"The secret to happiness is freedom... And the secret to freedom is courage."
Thucydides

“My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right.” Carl Schurz

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms."
Aristotle

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must." Thucydides
2017 Oct 08 17:20
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Artturi
Illiberal Arts Professor

Suomi

RE: The Gothic versus the Russian
Quote:2.4 Criticism of the Archbishop Ambrose and the Archdiocese of the Goths

There is some criticism towards Archbishop Ambrose, there are many pictures of him on the Internet and things a lot of people would think are strange. Some of these depictions are of his Nazi salutes, images of the Totenkopf, swastikas and so on. I will not post any of those images here, due to possible copyright.

Other things that have been put over Internet regarding the church, are statements that Adolf Hitler is celebrated in the Catacomb Church calendar of his invasion of the Soviet Union, because of the anti-Christian Soviet regime. There are icons of Adolf Hitler and he cannot be a saint since he was not an Orthodox Christian, but is still honored for his fight against the Bolsheviks. The icon was painted by a member of the Church of the Goths, who is from Russia.

Then there is a symbol that is also used, which is a special kind of the swastika. This kind of the swastika is called “crux dissimulata” and has its origin from the first Christians in the Roman Empire. They had this swastika, which is a kind of a cross that looks “heathen,” to avoid persecution.

For these reasons, many critics of the Archdiocese of the Goths and the Northlands believe they are neo-Nazis, while they claim they are not. As a matter of fact, they claim that the Gothic heritage is one of the lost tribes of Israel and they seem to be proud of it. Originally, the Israelites had twelve tribes, which ten of the tribes disappeared later in history and no one knows for sure where they went. The remaining tribes were later called Jews, after the tribe of Juda.

Aptie, you trolled me into believing that the article would have genuinely interesting academic research into Russian Orthodox Christianity and some ancient Church branch, and not some irrelevant fringe figures role playing as Hitler-venerating Gothic Jews.

You are good sport, mate. Smile
2017 Oct 08 18:29
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 1 user Likes Artturi's post:
W. R. (10-10-2017)
Aptrgangr
Nulla crux, nulla corona
Supervision

Deutschland

RE: The Gothic versus the Russian
...and for me, anything irrationalist is trolling, you are free to post deeper research into that issue, I myself don't need any interpretation of sky ghosts ;)

"The secret to happiness is freedom... And the secret to freedom is courage."
Thucydides

“My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right.” Carl Schurz

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms."
Aristotle

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must." Thucydides
2017 Oct 08 19:03
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 1 user Likes Aptrgangr's post:
Artturi (08-10-2017)