Not Everyone Conducts Inner Speech
Aptrgangr
Nulla crux, nulla corona
Supervision

Deutschland

Inner speech is frequent but not for everyone

Your pristine inner experience is whatever is directly in your experience-before the footlights of your consciousness, as William James would say-at some moment. My previous blogs have observed that some people –women with bulimia nervosa, for example– have frequent multiple simultaneous experiences, but that multiple experience is not frequent in the general population.

If not multiple experiences, what are the frequently occurring phenomena of pristine experience? Chris Heavey and I gave random beepers to a stratified random sample of 30 students from a large urban university and interviewed them about the characteristics of their randomly selected pristine experiences. Five main characteristics emerged, each occurring in about a quarter of all samples (many samples had more than one characteristic). Three of those five characteristics may not surprise you: inner speech occurred in about a quarter of all samples; inner seeing occurred in about a quarter of all samples; and feelings occurred in about a quarter of all samples. The other two phenomena occurred just as frequently but are not so well known. (...)

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/...ner-speech

https://boards.4chan.org/pol/thread/184892244

"The secret to happiness is freedom... And the secret to freedom is courage."
Thucydides

“My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right.” Carl Schurz

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms."
Aristotle

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must." Thucydides
2018 Sep 07 23:49
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 1 user Likes Aptrgangr's post:
Zephyr (09-09-2018)