Bolsonaro Vows to Leave UN: It's Where Communists Meet
Aptrgangr
Nulla crux, nulla corona
Supervision

Deutschland

Brazil's right-wing presidential candidate, Jair Bolsonaro threatened to take Brazil out of the UN, what he calls meeting place for communists.

As Brazilians are at the polls on Sunday deciding between leftist Workers’ Party Fernando Haddad and the far-right Jair Bolsonaro in a run-off presidential competition, comments from Bolsonaro are resurfacing where the Social Liberal Party (PSL) candidate said that if elected he would pull out Brazil from the United Nations because it’s full of “communists.”

"If I am president, I will leave the UN. That institution is of no use," announced the former army captain at a military ceremony held in Rio de Janeiro on July 22.

Bolsonaro, who has been nationally and internationally criticized for his sexist, racist, authoritarian, and neoliberal comments said during the event three months ago: "I will leave (the U.N.) it's no good, it's a meeting place for communists and people who have no commitment to South America." (...)

https://www.telesurenglish.net/news/Bols...-0007.html

"The secret to happiness is freedom... And the secret to freedom is courage."
Thucydides

“My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right.” Carl Schurz

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms."
Aristotle

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must." Thucydides
2018 Oct 30 19:32
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 2 users Like Aptrgangr's post:
Osweo (30-10-2018), W. R. (12-11-2018)