Who or What is Russia's "Pussy Riot?"

Россия

RE: Who or What is Russia's "Pussy Riot?"
There was nothing anti-Putin in that Nikita song, of course. But action is worth a thousand words… Big Grin
2012 Aug 18 22:47
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 1 user Likes Ville's post:
Aemma (18-08-2012)
Cinnamon
Destroyer of the One Ring.

Deutschland

(2012 Aug 18 20:54)Metalhead33 Wrote:  What do I see?
The good Russian government doing what they must, and liberal bitches crying about it.

I say, people like the Pussy Riot should be not just locked away, but executed without a trial.
Anyone guilty of hooliganism, promoting feminism or desecrating religious objects should be executed.

Why without trial? Would you be convicted without any kind of trial? Especially to death?
2012 Aug 19 07:40
Like PostLIKE REPLY
W. R.
cannibalish chauvinist

Беларусь

In Russia the common sentence for doing retarded things in public is supposed to be 15 days of arrest, is it not?

There are too many cases when the law doesn't work in Russia, hopefully it is not another such case.

[...] just as it is not left unto us to choose our ancestors, so we may not choose our nation; we can only fulfil, or not fulfil, the obligations that come from being a member of our people’.
© Dr. Jan Stankievič ‘From the History of Belarus’

[Image: now.jpg]
2012 Aug 19 10:12
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 2 users Like W. R.'s post:
Osweo (19-08-2012), Sans Nom (19-08-2012)
Metalhead33

Magyarország

(2012 Aug 19 07:40)Cinnamon Wrote:  
(2012 Aug 18 20:54)Metalhead33 Wrote:  What do I see?
The good Russian government doing what they must, and liberal bitches crying about it.

I say, people like the Pussy Riot should be not just locked away, but executed without a trial.
Anyone guilty of hooliganism, promoting feminism or desecrating religious objects should be executed.

Why without trial? Would you be convicted without any kind of trial? Especially to death?

We must not give foreign spies an opportunity to try to save the enemy.
We must prove that the state has the power, and if the state wants to condemn someone to death or prison sentence, there's not one damn thing foreigners and other states can do about that.
I believe that a state has the right to do what it wants, without foreigners interfering.

Wannabe-dictator, and proud of it!
2012 Aug 19 11:41
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Eldritch
Your friends like this.

Suomi

(2012 Aug 19 11:41)Metalhead33 Wrote:  I believe that a state has the right to do what it wants, without foreigners interfering.

The "state" doesn't have any rights at all. People do. One of which is forming a state or similar organ to advance whatever is perceived as the people's common interest.

I like to look at the human self-model as a neurocomputational weapon, a certain data structure that the brain can activate from time to time.

Thomas Metzinger
2012 Aug 19 14:29
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 5 users Like Eldritch's post:
Aemma (19-08-2012), Dussander (19-08-2012), Loddfafner (19-08-2012), Osweo (19-08-2012), Sans Nom (19-08-2012)
Phlegethon
Factionist of the forlorn

Deutschland

Which people exactly remains the question here. In Russia most of those pulling the strings seem to be unelected.

Not in haunts of marble chill,
Temples drear where ancients trod,—
Nay, in oaks on woody hill
Lives and moves the German God.

2012 Aug 19 14:35
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 2 users Like Phlegethon's post:
Aemma (19-08-2012), Dussander (19-08-2012)
Metalhead33

Magyarország

(2012 Aug 19 14:29)Eldritch Wrote:  
(2012 Aug 19 11:41)Metalhead33 Wrote:  I believe that a state has the right to do what it wants, without foreigners interfering.

The "state" doesn't have any rights at all. People do. One of which is forming a state or similar organ to advance whatever is perceived as the people's common interest.

"The people"... are you a communist or something?
The people are not smart enough to fend for themselves, let alone run the state.

Thus, foreigners still have no rights to interfere in Russian business.

2012 Aug 19 15:46
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Mustapaita
Tulkoon sota ja veriset vaatteet

Suomi

(2012 Aug 19 15:46)Metalhead33 Wrote:  
(2012 Aug 19 14:29)Eldritch Wrote:  

"The people"... are you a communist or something?
The people are not smart enough to fend for themselves, let alone run the state.

Thus, foreigners still have no rights to interfere in Russian business.

You should be drowned in a bog without trial. Sterilized at the very least and barred from access to young, impressionable minds. Perhaps a life-sentence of caring for the elderly would do you good.

"Devil, I am devil." ― Pekka Siitoin
2012 Aug 19 15:49
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 1 user Likes Mustapaita's post:
Osweo (19-08-2012)
Eldritch
Your friends like this.

Suomi

(2012 Aug 19 15:46)Metalhead33 Wrote:  "The people"... are you a communist or something?

If "the people" aren't smart enough to run the state, then who will run it?

We don't have sufficiently advanced AI's yet, and broadcasting invitations into space for alien civilizations to send emissaries to Earth who would run our states for us, might leave us waiting for decades, or centuries. cry

I like to look at the human self-model as a neurocomputational weapon, a certain data structure that the brain can activate from time to time.

Thomas Metzinger
2012 Aug 19 15:52
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 3 users Like Eldritch's post:
Aemma (19-08-2012), Osweo (19-08-2012), Sans Nom (19-08-2012)
Metalhead33

Magyarország

(2012 Aug 19 15:52)Eldritch Wrote:  
(2012 Aug 19 15:46)Metalhead33 Wrote:  "The people"... are you a communist or something?

If "the people" aren't smart enough to run the state, then who will run it?

We don't have sufficiently advanced AI's yet, and broadcasting invitations into space for alien civilizations to send emissaries to Earth who would run our states for us, might leave us waiting for decades, or centuries. cry

By "the people", I mean the average folk.
There are smart people in every country, who have the intelligence to run the country, but they are always a minority.

Thus, you are speaking to a person who doesn't believe in democracy or liberalism, but views authoritarian dictatorship and semi-constitutional (or absolute) monarchy as the ideal types of government. You're speaking to a person who believes in the divine right.

2012 Aug 19 16:10
Like PostLIKE REPLY