Who or What is Russia's "Pussy Riot?"
Eldritch
Your friends like this.

Suomi

RE: Who or What is Russia's "Pussy Riot?"
(2012 Aug 19 16:10)Metalhead33 Wrote:  By "the people", I mean the average folk.
There are smart people in every country, who have the intelligence to run the country, but they are always a minority.

Thus, you are speaking to a person who doesn't believe in democracy or liberalism, but views authoritarian dictatorship and semi-constitutional (or absolute) monarchy as the ideal types of government. You're speaking to a person who believes in the divine right.

Whatever. But if you are under the impression that the cognitive upper class in any given country will be the same, or even have significant overlap with, the people who run an authoritarian dictatorship/theocratic monarchy, then you've got another thing coming.

I like to look at the human self-model as a neurocomputational weapon, a certain data structure that the brain can activate from time to time.

Thomas Metzinger
2012 Aug 19 16:18
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 1 user Likes Eldritch's post:
Aemma (19-08-2012)
Metalhead33

Magyarország

(2012 Aug 19 16:18)Eldritch Wrote:  
(2012 Aug 19 16:10)Metalhead33 Wrote:  By "the people", I mean the average folk.
There are smart people in every country, who have the intelligence to run the country, but they are always a minority.

Thus, you are speaking to a person who doesn't believe in democracy or liberalism, but views authoritarian dictatorship and semi-constitutional (or absolute) monarchy as the ideal types of government. You're speaking to a person who believes in the divine right.

Whatever. But if you are under the impression that the cognitive upper class in any given country will be the same, or even have significant overlap with, the people who run an authoritarian dictatorship/theocratic monarchy, then you've got another thing coming.

I know very well that the current upper class is Judaic...
So we need another upper class.

Wannabe-dictator, and proud of it!
2012 Aug 19 16:25
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Phlegethon
Factionist of the forlorn

Deutschland

There is "people" and "the people". "The people" is a derogative term - "the people" are vile, base and ignorant lemmings. "People" stands for a group of individuals with special individual talents and characteristics. At this point most states are run by neither group, though. They are run by close-knit, interrelated special interest groups and PR con men.

Not in haunts of marble chill,
Temples drear where ancients trod,—
Nay, in oaks on woody hill
Lives and moves the German God.

2012 Aug 19 16:48
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 5 users Like Phlegethon's post:
Aemma (19-08-2012), Dussander (19-08-2012), Metalhead33 (19-08-2012), Mustapaita (19-08-2012), Osweo (19-08-2012)
Aemma

France

(2012 Aug 19 16:10)Metalhead33 Wrote:  
(2012 Aug 19 15:52)Eldritch Wrote:  
(2012 Aug 19 15:46)Metalhead33 Wrote:  "The people"... are you a communist or something?
The people are not smart enough to fend for themselves, let alone run the state.

If "the people" aren't smart enough to run the state, then who will run it?

We don't have sufficiently advanced AI's yet, and broadcasting invitations into space for alien civilizations to send emissaries to Earth who would run our states for us, might leave us waiting for decades, or centuries. cry

By "the people", I mean the average folk.

Well I'd be a tad careful if I were you Metal. People who tend to be proponents of Divine Right end up losing their heads, not only figuratively but quite literally as well. Big Grin

~Be the Virtuous Man or Woman you are meant to be.~
2012 Aug 19 17:20
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 1 user Likes Aemma's post:
Metalhead33 (19-08-2012)
Metalhead33

Magyarország

(2012 Aug 19 17:20)Aemma Wrote:  Well I'd be a tad careful if I were you Metal. People who tend to be proponents of Divine Right end up losing their heads, not only figuratively but quite literally as well. Big Grin

Who said I want to be the king? cool
Just because I support monarchy it doesn't mean I want to be the king.
In fact, I'd prefer to stay away from the limelight/footlight and get some figurehead take all the glory, while I'd work on making Greater Hungary a better place like a silent workhorse.

2012 Aug 19 17:25
Like PostLIKE REPLY
The following 1 user Likes Metalhead33's post:
Aemma (19-08-2012)
Aemma

France

(2012 Aug 19 17:25)Metalhead33 Wrote:  
(2012 Aug 19 17:20)Aemma Wrote:  Well I'd be a tad careful if I were you Metal. People who tend to be proponents of Divine Right end up losing their heads, not only figuratively but quite literally as well. Big Grin

Who said I want to be the king? cool
Just because I support monarchy it doesn't mean I want to be the king.
In fact, I'd prefer to stay away from the limelight/footlight and get some figurehead take all the glory, while I'd work on making Greater Hungary a better place like a silent workhorse.

Fair enough. Big Grin

But Divine Right is so passé. Constitutional monarchies is where it's at in terms of monarchism. ;)

2012 Aug 19 17:28
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Metalhead33 (19-08-2012)
Metalhead33

Magyarország

(2012 Aug 19 17:28)Aemma Wrote:  Fair enough. Big Grin

But Divine Right is so passé. Constitutional monarchies is where it's at in terms of monarchism. ;)

A fascist government within a constitutional monarchy perhaps, like in interwar Italy.

Otheriwse...
I'd say how this would all work all:
I'd be organizing the military campaign to retake what rightfully belongs to Hungary, and then making the area all-Christian again, reverting the area to agriculture so that it becomes self-sufficent and doesn't need to import food anymore, build a large wireless internet network which covers all of Greater Hungary (therefore providing free internet access to all inhabitants of the country), replacing gasoline-powered vehicles with methanol-powered vehicles, build power plants which take the carbon-dioxide from the air and convert it to methanol (therefore turning pollution back into fuel), encouraging scientists to develop the flying car, making Greater Hungary a much greener and healthier place...

However, celebrations would be an obstacle for the work.
I'd let the king have all the glory, while I'd be working on further improvements...

2012 Aug 19 17:38
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Aemma (19-08-2012)
Aemma

France

(2012 Aug 19 17:38)Metalhead33 Wrote:  
(2012 Aug 19 17:28)Aemma Wrote:  Fair enough. Big Grin

A fascist government within a constitutional monarchy perhaps, like in interwar Italy.

Otheriwse...
I'd say how this would all work all:
I'd be organizing the military campaign to retake what rightfully belongs to Hungary, and then making the area all-Christian again, reverting the area to agriculture so that it becomes self-sufficent and doesn't need to import food anymore, build a large wireless internet network which covers all of Greater Hungary (therefore providing free internet access to all inhabitants of the country), replacing gasoline-powered vehicles with methanol-powered vehicles, build power plants which take the carbon-dioxide from the air and convert it to methanol (therefore turning pollution back into fuel), encouraging scientists to develop the flying car, making Greater Hungary a much greener and healthier place...

However, celebrations would be an obstacle for the work.
I'd let the king have all the glory, while I'd be working on further improvements...

Hmm it sounds an awful lot like a Puppet Regime to me, Metal. ;) You're not taking any lessons from dear old Putin, are ya? ;) Tongue Big Grin

2012 Aug 19 17:42
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Metalhead33 (19-08-2012)
Metalhead33

Magyarország

(2012 Aug 19 17:42)Aemma Wrote:  Hmm it sounds an awful lot like a Puppet Regime to me, Metal. ;) You're not taking any lessons from dear old Putin, are ya? ;) Tongue Big Grin

Not really, because I'd retire after I'd see that my work is done...
Thus, I'd give absolute power to the king after that.
I'd might continue functioning as the king's advisor, not sure...

2012 Aug 19 17:45
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Aemma (19-08-2012)
Aemma

France

(2012 Aug 19 17:45)Metalhead33 Wrote:  I'd might continue functioning as the king's advisor, not sure...

I dunno, Metal. It all sounds awfully fishy to me!

[Image: 2lt1pa1.jpg]

;) Big Grin

2012 Aug 19 17:51
Like PostLIKE REPLY
Metalhead33 (19-08-2012)